MENU

Samsung Galaxy S8 Battery Leaks Ahead Of March 29 Launch

23 March 2017, 4:00 pm EDT By Amy Gordon Tech Times
Images of the purported batteries of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus have leaked. The leaked images offer a peek into the battery's manufacturer and their capacities.  ( SlashLeaks )

The Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+ are inching closer to their March 29 debut and as the expected launch nears, more details on the devices are emerging online.

Close on the heels of the color options for the impending Samsung flagships surfacing online, the alleged batteries of the two handsets have made an appearance.

The supposed batteries of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ have surfaced courtesy of SlashLeaks. The leaked images show off the model numbers for the battery packs. One bears the number EB-BG955ABA and the other is EB-BG950ABA.

These numbers complement the internal codes anticipated for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, which are believed to be SM-G950 and SM-G955, respectively.

Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+: Battery Capacities

The images also show off the battery capacities of the two Samsung smartphones. The battery capacity for the 5.8-inch Galaxy S8 is 3,000 mAh while the Galaxy S8+ has a bigger 3,500 mAh battery.

Previous rumors have hinted at similar battery capacities and, therefore, the realistic-looking leaked images may be authentic. They also corroborate an earlier leaked image of the Galaxy S8+'s battery.

The leaked images reflect that the Samsung batteries are manufactured in Korea, rather than China, which was the case in previous flagships. Also according to the label, the batteries are assembled in Vietnam. Several U.S. variants of Samsung phones are usually assembled in the company's Vietnamese facility.

Earlier in March, reports revealed that Samsung ramped up the production of the Galaxy S8 units in its Vietnam factory.

Battery Suppliers

Rumors have been rife that Samsung is procuring the batteries for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ from Japan. The company reportedly approached Japan-based Murata Manufacturing Company for the purpose.

Reports suggest that Samsung SDI is the primary supplier for the batteries and will make nearly 80 percent of them. The remaining 20 percent will allegedly be produced by the Japan-based company. Some reports have even suggested that LG Chem may supply the batteries for the Galaxy S8.

The leaked images show the marking "Samsung Japan" on them, suggesting that Murata Manufacturing Company has indeed manufactured the batteries as rumored.

It seems like Samsung is leaving no stone unturned for the batteries of its Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. This move is likely prompted by the Galaxy Note 7 battery debacle, which has put the company under the scanner. Whether Samsung's efforts will pay off in the long run remains to be seen.

© 2017 Tech Times, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

From Our Sponsor

Eco-friendly Packaging On Demand Technology Changes The Way Retailers Think About Shipping Packages

On-demand packaging can be eco-friendly as well as save costs. Now, who would have thought of that? Packsize did, and it's changing the business of shipping packages.