Amazon is offering discounts for its own product line in celebration of Black Friday, some of which have never been on sale previously.
Aside from Kindle readers and Fire tablets, the online retailer has also slashed the prices of its smart home products, including the Echo Dot, the second-generation Echo, and even the more recent Echo Plus. Not to mention the Cloud Cam, its entry-level yet more-than-decent security camera, is also up for sale.
Amazon Echo Black Friday Deals
• Echo Dot: Typically $49.99, Amazon's puck-shaped smart speaker, the Echo Dot, is now just $29.99, which is perfect for those planning to buy multiple units to spread around their house. The Echo Dot is not as fancy or capable as its larger more expensive Echo siblings, but it mostly gets the job done.
However, the deal doesn't stop there. Amazon is also running a promotion on top of the discontinued Echo Dot, bundling it with TP-Link HS100 smart plug, which slots into an outlet and allows homeowners to control smart home devices remotely via TP-Link's app or Alexa. This retails for $27 on its own, but through the promo, users can have both devices for just $34.99, which is less than the Echo Dot's regular price.
To avail this, just go to the Echo Dot product listing, look for the sidebar on the right, and tick the "TP-Link" option. It should be somewhere underneath the "Add to Cart" button.
• Second-generation Echo: Amazon is offering its second-generation Echo for just $79.99, typically $99.99. It's got Dolby-powered sound and a much better overall look than the previous iteration. There are several designs to choose from, but the Walnut, Silver, and Oak Finish ones cost $99.99.
• Echo Plus: Amazon's Echo Plus, with the built-in ZigBee smart home hub, is now just $119.99 instead of its usual $149.99 price tag. Its ZigBee integration means that this smart speaker supports simple and direct setup of compatible ZigBee smart devices, no additional hub required. Available in Black, White, or Silver.
• Echo Show: Amazon's only smart speaker with a screen is now just $179.99 instead of its usual $229.99 price tag. It's basically a typical Echo smart speaker but offers more functionality than its screenless siblings. Perfect timing too because YouTube has returned to the Echo Show.
• Echo Tap: Not to be left out of the Black Friday lineup is Amazon Tap, the company's Alexa-enabled Bluetooth speaker, now only $79.99.
Cloud Cam Gets A Price Cut For Black Friday
• Cloud Cam: Amazon's Cloud Cam has received rave reviews. Not because it's anything special but because it's a highly capable and fairly decent security camera that's also significantly cheaper than other offerings in the market. Now, it's even cheaper: $99.99 instead of $119.99.