"Pokémon Go" will be featuring the Genesect in the raid this week with unique changes in the look. The Steel and Bug-type Pokémon Genesect will have Fire-type move.
According to Bleeding Cool, players still cannot encounter Genesect in its Shiny form in this Raid Guide as it will show off its new feature, the Burn Drive. In this "Pokémon GO" Genesect Burn Drive Raid guide, we have listed all Burn Drive Genesect mdrovesets, the best counters, and everything you need to know about the featured Pokémon.
'Pokémon GO' Burn Drive Genesect Raids Start Date and Time
The Burn Drive Genesect will begin to spawn in raids on Jan. 5 at 10 a.m. local time until Jan 12 at 10 a.m. local time. Players will only find the Burn Drive Genesect throughout the regular five star non-Mega Evolution raids.
'Pokemon Go' Genesect Burn Drive Movesets
"Pokemon Go" will feature the Burn Drive Genesect in this week's boss raid. The Bug and Steel-type Pokemon will bear a Fire-type move. Here are the Genesect moveset that you can see in the Burn Drive raid.
- Magnet Bomb
- Metal Claw
- Fury Cutter
10 Best Burn Drive Genesect Counters
While this week's raid will follow the recently concluded Ho-Oh week, Burn Drive Genesect will be a lot easier as players only need to focus on one type. We recommend to power up the counters, although creating strong Mega or Shadow Pokémon with unlocked moves is quite an order for even the most experienced trainers.
Below are the 10 best Burn Drive Genesect counters:
- Shadow Moltres (Fire Spin, Overheat)
- Mega Charizard Y (Fire Spin, Blast Burn)
- Mega Charizard X (Fire Spin, Blast Burn)*
- Shadow Entei (Fire Fang, Overheat)
- Mega Houndoom (Fire Fang, Flamethrower)*
- Shadow Charizard (Fire Spin, Blast Burn)
- Shadow Magmortar (Fire Spin, Fire Punch)
- Reshiram (Fire Fang, Overheat)
- Shadow Arcanine (Fire Fang, Flamethrower)
- Chandelure (Fire Spin, Overheat)
Take note that using Mega counter is only one at a time, but we advise to use Charizard Y between the three Megas in the list.
10 additional non-Mega and non-Shadow counters
- Blaziken (Counter, Blast Burn)
- Darmanitan (Fire Fang, Overheat)
- Heatran (Fire Spin, Flamethrower)
- Entei (Fire Fang, Overheat)
- Moltres (Fire Spin, Overheat)
- Charizard (Fire Spin, Blast Burn)
- Flareon (Fire Spin, Overheat)
- Pyroar (Fire Fang, Overheat)
- Ingernape (Fire Spin, Blast Burn)
- Typhlosion (Incinerate, Blast Burn)
Burn Drive Genesect Raids Tips
Since Burn Drive Genesect is a relatively easy-to-take-down raid boss, two high-level trainers can defeat it using their elite counters, but it is safer to go with a group of three to four trainers.
Attack of the Fan Boy noted that Genesect is an easy-to-hit target directly over its face with an easy-to-follow attack. Genesect is an easy-to-hit target directly over its face with an easy-to-follow attack. The best way to catch Genesect is to use the Circle Lock Technique to ensure Excellent or Great throws, along with Golden Razz Berries.
As a dual Bug-Steel type, the Burn Drive Genesect will be boosted in both Snowy and Rainy weather. However, trainers who do not care much about getting a boosted Pokémon may battle under a Clear or Sunny weather to obtain the Fire boost.
However, Burn Drive Genesect will not show its Shiny form in this raid. Yet, to find a Pokémon with the best statistics, players may look for the 100% IV Genesect with a CP of 1,916 under normal weather while after boosting, its CP will shoot up to 2,395.
This is owned by Tech Times
Written by CJ Robles