Ensuring system ability is one of the biggest concerns for most users. Updating the device drivers of a system can ensure that the PC is running quickly. Since hardware and software in a computer need to be updated frequently, a user needs to ensure driver update. Though Windows updates most drivers automatically, it can miss out on some updates, which can lead to a lack of performance of the device. For these reasons, the users need to use driver update software or updater. Any user who has newly installed Windows 10 can find the updates below useful.
What is a Computer Driver?
A computer driver is a set of files or a program that determines the performance of hardware and software applications in a computer. In other words, a driver establishes the communication between an operating system (OS) and a hardware component or software application in a computer.
A computer needs multiple drivers to control the various software applications and hardware components. From internal hardware such as a graphics card to external hardware such as a mouse, every hardware component needs a hardware driver to perform successfully. Similarly, every installed software application needs a driver to run seamlessly.
- Some Popular Windows 10 Updates:
1. Outbyte: With the help of this updater, the users can protect a PC from overheating or draining batteries. It can automatically search and update a PC's drivers that are outdated, corrupted, or missed. Outbyte recommends the users update drivers from official sources. It is compatible with Windows 10, 8, and 7. One can also use this updater to schedule a scan for checking the driver updates. It also provides a backup facility so that the users can store a copy of current drivers. While a paid version of this updater lets the users take the most advantage of it, one can try Outbyte free of cost for the initial 7 days.
2. DriverFix: With a database of 18 million driver files, this one allows the users to backup and save all the drivers to a compressed zip file. It scans for missing or outdated device drivers and informs the users about the driver update with a detailed report. The report shows all the up-to-date and outdated device drivers in a PC. DriveFix also allows the users to schedule a drive scan. On updates and backups, it provides regular notifications. The best part of this updater is that one can use it either to update a single device driver or to install all the out-of-date device drivers. This one is known to offer a better performance of hard disks, graphic cards, audio devices, network adapters, and graphic cards in a PC. Though the updater is available for free downloading, it has three packing plans.
3. Ashampoo: Supporting more than 150000 devices, this power-packed updater has access to more than 400000 drivers. The process in which Ashampoo works is that it first examines the hardware components and drivers in a PC and later makes a comparison with the database it has. As a result, the users can replace the outdated drivers with the latest ones. This one has a built-in scheduler to schedule scans and a built-in backup feature to create driver backups. To ensure maximum gaming experience, most users rely on this automatic updater. One can download Ashampoo for free and buy its one-year pack that allows three users.
4. Smart Driver Care: A simple way to detect outdated, missing, and incompatible drivers is by using this updater. The users can perform the scan in just a single click and create backups for all installed drivers. It comes with some important features to maintain system performance and boost productivity. Driver Updater, Backup, Restore, and Software Updater are some of its best features. Compatible with Windows OS, Smart Driver care allows the users to save a lot of time by updating all drivers at once. At the end of the scan and update, it finally produces a summary of out-of-date drivers. This updater is available at discounted prices.
5. AVG: This one provides a simple user interface as the users can complete the process of driver update in two clicks. The updater scans the device drivers and compares them with the datable to inform users about outdated, missed, or corrupted drivers. One can update the selected drivers and replace the outdated ones with the latest ones. Using AVG, it is very easy to view details of outdated drivers. Also, if a user does not want to update a specific driver, the person can just uncheck it from the list. It offers scheduling and backups. The trial version of AVG allows the users to test it for the first time. The paid version is essential for extended performance.
6. IOBit 7: A powerful device download tool for Windows systems, this one can boost game performance. For this reason, most gamers rely on this updater. While scanning, it offers priority updates of Game Ready Drivers to improve the gaming experience with gaming components. This one is perfect for external hardware updates such as gaming devices. It can also fix Windows issues. Another advantage of IOBit 7 is that it downloads files during idle time. However, if a user tries its free version, the person may not be impressed with the download speed. The software is available in both paid and free versions. The paid version allows three users access for a year.
Above are some popular updaters for Windows OS. Anyone who thinks the person needs a driver update can try the above updaters. There are many other updates available for Windows 10 such as Driver Easy, TweakBit, DeviceDoctor, DriverPack Solution, Snappy Driver Installation, Driver Genius, Driver Talent, and DriverMax. Most of these updates are available in both free and paid versions. However, the free versions can either have limited access or lack the download speed and other features that the paid versions offer. While buying an updater, a user should explore all the features these various updaters have and then compare their performance with their cost. This way, one can choose which updates would be the most appropriate to invest in.