When a tick bit toddler Jackson Oblisk, the family thought nothing of it. However, when spots began appearing on his body and the little boy slipped into a coma, they realized it was the fatal Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
Public Health June 4, 2019
Wisconsin saw its first ever death caused by a tick bite when a resident died of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, a tick-borne disease that CDC said is world’s deadliest. Doctors initially thought the patient only contracted a viral infection.
Public Health July 12, 2018
A tick bite may have led to the death of a two-year-old girl in Indiana, who was diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. This condition is only one among different tick-borne diseases potentially leading to death.
Public Health June 8, 2017
Deadly bacteria from tick bite destroy arms and legs of victim as doctors amputate to save her life. Flu-like symptoms four days after bite sent Oklahoma woman to the hospital.
Life August 17, 2015
When Jo Rogers returned from a vacation, she didn’t think that something as small as a tick bite will change her life forever.
Life August 14, 2015
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever is a severe and potentially fatal disease, which killed 20 in an epidemic that struck American Indians in Arizona for a period of nine years. Experts, however, said that the illness can be prevented.
Life June 20, 2015