The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has already announced several recalls on frozen products in March due to fears of possible listeria contamination, and the agency continues to look out for consumers.
Now the FDA announces that Pinnacle Foods, a manufacturer of several brands of consumer food products, is voluntarily recalling items from its Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast products.
Which Aunt Jemima Products Are Contaminated?
Pinnacle Foods says that all "Best By" dates of Aunt Jemima Frozen Waffles, Frozen Pancakes, and Frozen French Toast Slices distributed in the United States and Mexico are potentially contaminated and should not be consumed.
The company also notes that Aunt Jemima dry mixes and syrups and Hungry Man branded products are completely safe so consumers in the United States and Mexico only need to watch out for the 17 frozen breakfast items listed below, along with their respective package UPC codes:
- AUNT JEMIMA FRENCH TOAST 019600057703
- AUNT JEMIMA CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST 019600058908
- AUNT JEMIMA WHOLE GRAIN FRENCH TOAST 019600059684
- AUNT JEMIMA LIL GRIDDLERS BLUEBERRY 019600054603
- AUNT JEMIMA MINI PANCAKES 019600054801
- AUNT JEMIMA BUTTERMILK PANCAKE LOW FAT 019600061007
- AUNT JEMIMA WHOLE GRAIN PANCAKE 019600066408
- AUNT JEMIMA BLUEBERRY PANCAKE 019600064701
- AUNT JEMIMA OATMEAL PANCAKE 019600064909
- AUNT JEMIMA BUTTERMILK PANCAKE 019600068204
- AUNT JEMIMA HOMESTYLE PANCAKE 019600069102
- AUNT JEMIMA HOMESTYLE WAFFLE 019600062004
- AUNT JEMIMA BUTTERMILK WAFFLE 019600062103
- AUNT JEMIMA BLUEBERRY WAFFLE 019600062202
- AUNT JEMIMA LOW FAT WAFFLE 019600062301
- AUNT JEMIMA 60CT CLUB PANCAKES PREMIUM 019600435907
- AUNT JEMIMA PANCAKE MEXICO 60CT 019600435921
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has also requested the company to recall the two additional products listed below.
- AUNT JEMIMA FRENCH TOAST & SAUSAGE (5.5oz) 051000063915
- HUNGRY MAN SELECTS CHICKEN & WAFFLES (8 and 16oz) 658276202903
Product Recall As Preventive Measure
According to Pinnacle Foods, the company issued the nationwide recall as a preventive measure and that no consumer has reported any illness in connection with their products yet.
"The products are being recalled as a precautionary measure given the health and safety of our consumers is our top priority," the company writes.
Following the company's nationwide recall of Aunt Jemima frozen products in the United States, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) also announced a nationwide product recall for the brand.
The CFIA urges consumers to return the following Aunt Jemima products:
- Aunt Jemima Waffles (3.57 kg) 1 00 19600 43575 1
- Aunt Jemima Original Thin French Toast (6.1 kg) 0 00 19600 05870 0
- Aunt Jemima Thick French Toast (4.86 kg) 0 00 19600 43560 0