Owners of the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be happy to know that a U.S. carrier has finally released its Android 5.0 Lollipop software update. The update weighs in at 974 MB and brings the smartphone's OS up to Android 5.0.1. S
AT&T has been keeping itself busy in the last couple of weeks, as it has begun rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop to many of its smartphones. We recently reported that AT&T released Android 5.0 Lollipop for the flagship Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and it released the update on the same day for the Galaxy Note 3. AT&T is now the first U.S. Carrier to have released the galxy S4 update, ahead of competitors Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile
Owners of the Samsung Galaxy S5 on AT&T have been patiently waiting to get an update to Android 5.0 Lollipop, and the carrier tweeted in late February that it was still working on the S5's Lollipop update. If you happen to own the Galaxy S5's predecessor, the Galaxy S4, you'll be happy to know that AT&T has finally released Android 5.0.1 for the smartphone.
AT&T has posted a rundown of some of the new features included in its Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 5.0 Lollipop update on its support site:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Highlights
- Songs, photos, apps and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
- Removal of Code Scanner, Browser Bar and Softcard apps
The AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 5.0 Lollipop update can be installed manually by going into Settings, tap More, tap About Device and tap Software Update and you'll begin to download to update. Once the update is downloaded, it will automatically install, and once your Galaxy S4 is finished applying the update, the handset will be running Android 5.0.1.