Tesla Will Reportedly Unveil An Updated Model S: What We Know So Far
Tesla could unveil its refreshed Model S, with new features and with a steeper price, as early as next week.
Initially launched in 2012, the battery-powered vehicle Tesla is poised to be given a makeover and will be unwrapped in the coming weeks.
Citing its sources inside Tesla, CNET reports that the automaker is making a "series of updates" for this particular vehicle in hopes to further simplify manufacturing and put in "more luxury-minded appointments."
The updates are said to be significant for the car to compete well not only with its strongest rivals in the market, the non-electric vehicles from Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz, but with Tesla Model 3 as well.
The possible changes on this purported revamped Tesla Model S include:
1. Among the key modifications to the car will be its "slight visual refresh" on its nose. While the refreshed car's nose will not look akin to what's in the Model 3 or Model X, the automaker will bring the vehicle closer to the treatments the company made on the front of these vehicles.
2. It will be fitted with LED headlights, providing a more interesting look.
3. More paint colors will be added into its configurator.
4. The car's front seats will bear similarity to what is found in the Model X.
5. The car will be given additional storage compartments, for instance, the pockets that are installed in its door.
6. CNET was told that when the Model S comes out next week, it will be more expensive. We have yet to know the exact amount and when it will be launched.
The company was asked about the latest rumor, but a spokesperson says Tesla does not comment on its upcoming releases.
“Tesla is constantly innovating and adding new features to our vehicles to perpetually improve Tesla vehicles for our existing and future customers,” reads a part of Tesla’s statement. “We price our vehicles consistently throughout the world which requires us to adjust pricing to foreign currency exchange rates.”
Moreover, it says that Tesla is letting its consumers know when price changes are going to take effect in early April. It went to say that it is encouraging customers who are interested to purchase a Model S to place their orders so they can start enjoying the benefits the car has to offer.
At any rate, let’s take this story with a touch of skepticism. We’ll provide more updates as soon as they become available.
Let us also know in the comment section below if you believe Tesla will push out its updated Model S in the coming week.
From Our Sponsor
How To Shop Smart: 5 Characteristics Of A Smart ShopperYou may love shopping, you may be a bargain hunter....but are you a smart shopper?