'Fallout 4' Update 1.6 Available Via Steam Beta, Coming Soon To Xbox One And PS4: ExitSave, Fixes
Bethesda is rolling out Fallout 4 update 1.6 in Steam Beta, saying that it'll start heading to the Xbox One and PS4 for approvals "in the coming weeks."
It includes a couple of fixes across the board, but more than those, it's bringing along some new features.
To start things off, there's something new called ExitSave. When players end a session and go to the main menu, the game will create an ExitSave. Next time when they play again to load the file, it will automatically delete itself. It should also be pointed out that it can be used in all difficulty levels and Survival mode.
What's more, the update comes with add-on specific icons in Workshop mode, and on top of those, it also has support for upcoming DLC, particularly Vault-Tech and Nuka-World.
Of course, a game patch is not complete without some tweaks here and there:
• General stability and performance improvements
• Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
• Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
• Fixed issue in "Mankind Redefined" to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
• In "Boston After Dark" quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
• Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
• Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
• Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
• Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
• Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing
Just to be clear, it's already available for the PC via Steam Beta, and it's going to go live across consoles in due time.
With that said, to get the update, just right click on Fallout 4 on the Steam Library, tap on Settings, choose Betas to bring up a drop-down menu and select Beta. After confirming, it'll automatically update.
It's also worth mentioning that PS4 gamers got the short end of the stick when mod support got delayed on the console. Originally, it had a June release date, and now the developers have yet to give a solid release date.
Hit us up in the comments section below and let us know what you think about update 1.6 for Fallout 4 and the new ExitSave feature.