Oculus Touch Ready For Dec. 6 Release: Here Are The 53 Launch Games For The Motion Controllers Coming To The Oculus Rift
The Oculus Touch motion controllers for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset are set to be released on Dec. 6, and Oculus has now revealed the 53 launch titles that will support the devices.
The launch titles for the Oculus Touch will be made available on the Oculus Store also on Dec. 6, so gamers will be able to purchase the games and use their new motion controllers right away.
Oculus Touch Launch Titles
- Arizona Sunshine by Vertigo Games
- Bigscreen Beta by Bigscreen
- Carnival Games VR by 2K Games
- The Climb by Crytek
- Cosmic Trip by Funktronic Labs
- CRANGA!: Harbor Frenzy by HandMade Game
- Dead and Buried by Oculus Studios
- Dead Hungry by Q-Games
- DEXED by Ninja Theory
- Dig 4 Destruction by COLOPL, Inc.
- Enigma Sphere by YOMUNECO
- Fantastic Contraption by Radial Games and Northway Games
- Final Approach by Phaser Lock Interactive
- Fly to KUMA MAKER by COLOPL, Inc.
- Fruit Ninja VR by Halfbrick Studios
- Galaxy Golf by Liftoff Labs
- The Gallery Episode 1: Call of the Starseed by Cloudhead Games
- Gary the Gull by Limitless Studios
- Grav|Lab: Gravitational Testing Facility & Observations by Mark Schramm
- HoloBall by TreeFortress
- Home Improvisation: Furniture Sandbox by The Stork Burnt Down
- I Expect You To Die by Schell Games
- Job Simulator by Owlchemy Labs
- Kingspray by Infectious Ape
- Medium by Oculus
- Music Inside by Reality Reflection
- NBA 2KVR Experience by Visual Concepts / 2K
- Ocean Rift by Llŷr ap Cenydd
- Oculus First Contact by Oculus Studios
- Pierhead Arcade by Mechabit Ltd
- PLANNES by Tricol
- Please, Don't Touch Anything by Escalation Studios
- Pro Fishing Challenge VR by Opus
- Proton Pulse Plus by Zero Transform
- Pulsar Arena by Zero Transform
- Quar: Battle for Gate 18 by Steel Wool Games
- Quill by Story Studio (beta) by Oculus Story Studio
- Rec Room by Against Gravity
- Rescuties VR by mode of expression, LLC
- Ripcoil by Sanzaru Games, Inc.
- Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope by Croteam VR
- Space Pirate Trainer by I-Illusions
- Sports Bar VR by Perilous Orbit and Cherry Pop Games
- Super Kaiju by Directive Games
- Superhot VR by SUPERHOT Team
- Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality by Bossa Studios
- theBlu by WeVR, Inc.
- Toybox by Oculus Studios
- The Unspoken by Insomniac Games
- Viral EX by Fierce Kaiju
- VR Sports Challenge by Sanzaru Games, Inc.
- Windlands by Psytec Games Ltd
- ZR: Zombie Riot by PlaySide VR
It should be noted that for customers who preordered the Oculus Touch, they will be receiving free copies of The Unspoken and VR Sports Challenge. In addition, all Oculus Touch purchases will also include Medium and Quill, both art-focused apps, along with Dead and Buried.
Oculus Touch Games In The Pipeline
In addition to the launch titles for the Oculus Touch, Oculus also revealed several more games designed for the motion controllers that will be added to the Oculus Store next year. These games are Arktika.1, Giant Cop: Justice Above All, Lone Echo and Robo Recall.
What The Oculus Touch Means For The Oculus Rift
The release of the Oculus Touch motion controllers means much more than just the addition of accessories to the Oculus Rift, as it could be viewed as a relaunch of the virtual reality headset.
The addition of the Oculus Touch will add a new dimension for gameplay on the Oculus Rift, placing it in line with rivals HTC Vive and PlayStation VR which both feature wireless motion controllers. When the Oculus Rift was released in March, it instead came with an Xbox One controller instead of the Oculus Touch due to production issues.
With the release of the Oculus Touch and the introduction of the Asynchronous Spacewarp feature to make the Oculus Rift compatible with PCs costing as low as $500, Oculus is hoping that more customers will finally make the jump into virtual reality.
From Our Sponsor
How To Shop Smart: 5 Characteristics Of A Smart ShopperYou may love shopping, you may be a bargain hunter....but are you a smart shopper?
Life & Style