Walmart has revealed the list of its hottest toys of 2016, which has been chosen by kids.
Walmart has a wide selection of toys for all age groups, but not all of them attract children. On Sept. 1, the retailer announced the top 25 toys of the season and nearly a quarter of them are just exclusive to Walmart.
Anne Marie Kehoe, vice president of toys at Walmart U.S., says that the retailer has a wide assortment of toys for all age groups. Kehoe added that Walmart customers should be assured that the retailer will bring some of the coolest and best toys at low prices. Kehoe also says that the wide variety of toys will be available at their retail store as well as online.
Walmart suggests that the top toy list was chosen by hundreds of kids between the age of 18 months and 12 years. The children had the opportunity to play with several toys and then asked to choose their favorite.
Based on different categories, here is the top 25 hottest toys at Walmart chosen by kids.
• Pom Pom Wow Decoration Station
• Num Noms Lipgloss Truck
• My Life As Food Truck (Walmart exclusive)
• Little Live Pets Puppy
• FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin' Dragon
• Doc McStuffins Hospital Care Cart
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mega Lair Playset
• Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice Batcave (Walmart exclusive)
• Fisher Price Imaginext Bat Flight City
• Barbie Rainbow Cove Princess Castle Playset
• My Little Pony Explore Equestria Crystal Empire Castle
• Fisher Price Little People Sit 'n Stand Skyway
• Vtech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Treasure Mountain Train Adventure
• Pie Face Showdown! Game (Walmart exclusive for a limited time)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Remote Control Skateboarding Mikey (Walmart exclusive)
• Razor PowerCore E100 Electric Scooter (Walmart exclusive)
• Hot Wheels AI Racing Playset
• Fisher Price Imaginext Ultra T-Rex
• Tyco Terra Climber Remote Control Vehicle
• Nerf N-Strike Elite HyperFire Blaster
• Star Wars Electronic R2D2
• Disney Princess Carriage (a Walmart exclusive)
• Sky Viper Streaming Drone
• Paw Patrol Zooming Marshall
The retailer adds that apart from the six exclusive toys that appear in the top 25 toys list, Walmart has more than 400 exclusive games for its customers.
Kehoe says that toy sales at Walmart have been strong since Christmas 2015 through spring. The retailer hopes that the trend will continue and contribute to the overall sales of the company.
However, reports suggest that retail sales did not hit the forecast in the last two months of 2015. The combined retail sales for November and December were $626.1 billion, which is an increase of 3 percent and below the National Retail Federation's projection of 3.7 percent. The increase was also lower than 2014 holiday season that recorded a growth of 4.1 percent.
Experts suggest that more people are shopping online and internet-based sales surpassed $105 billion and an increase of 9 percent.
This year's holiday season is yet to begin and Walmart hopes that its overall retail sales could reach the company's forecast. Beyond toys, the retailer also expects video games, cookware and makeup kits to be hot big sellers this holiday season. The Sony PlayStation Virtual Reality Bundle is estimated to be one of the hottest products during the holiday season.
Photo: Mike Mozart | Flickr