Call of Duty: Warzone is finally here, Activision's answer to the growing popularity of battle royale games, which came from the world of the well-loved Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. With its release, fans have been excitedly exploring the map and have found bits of Easter eggs--odes to past Call of Duty titles, as well as a few mysteries.
According to Eurogamer, players have been finding a bunch of locked laptops and bunks that require a key code to open, as well as several phones that they can interact with.
The problem is, no one has yet opened any of the bunks or laptops, and using the phones that lead to a dial tone only, which leads to the question of what could be behind these mystery items?
Fans of the game have all gathered together on Discord as well as the r/ModernWarzone subreddit where they share any information on the items, including their locations, which one user by the name of Lampy101 has used to create a useful map of the mystery items.
More Content to Come Soon
As of writing, 11 locked bunks have been located, and some are without keypads.
Call of Duty: Warzone players have linked these bunks to the 11 "classified" landmarks that are listed on the game's guide, all of which have redacted words from the website.
Many believe that there could be a clue hidden somewhere in the guide, but no one has been successful in finding them, or close to opening a bunk or using the laptops and phones even after trying a few tricks.
Perhaps the mystery items are for future events, especially since Activision promised "a ton of content" and "live events" soon.
Meanwhile, for those who are new to the Warzone, here a few tips to help you dominate the battlefield, courtesy of TechRadar:
- Use the game's Ping system to coordinate with your squad whenever you find loot, locations, or an enemy squad.
- Share the cash with your squad so they can buy you a redeployment from a Buy Station if you've been eliminated. Their status is shown on the bottom left of the screen.
- Check out for discounts at the Buy Station! But, be wary of enemies as well.
- Loot unused Killstreaks from eliminated enemies as they can be pretty useful during late-game scenarios.
- The Shield turret is practically only useful when fortifying an existing area.
- Don't forget to suit up and get as many plates as you can. You'll be able to equip up to three plates, which can boost your health.
- When an enemy is well-protected by their armor, an armor icon will appear when you shoot them, followed by a cracking sound if it has been broken. That said, always aim for the head!
- Vehicles spawn in the same location, so remember where you found them.
According to PCGamer, cash can mostly be found in buildings and strewn across rooms in smaller bundles while the larger ones can be found in supply boxes and bags, or you can also complete Contracts or mini-missions across the game.