The new version of the Minecraft Dungeons has been out on Sept. 8. Version 126.96.36.199 has been rolled out to add the new Creeping Wither DLC, along with some other changes.
Full update patch notes
Check out the full patch notes below. These include various updates on the game:
Creeping Winter DLC
- The creeping winter's chilling power comes from a powerful creature known as the Wretched Wraith and it takes over all that it laid hands to
- Find new weapons, artifacts, and armor below the snow and sleet when hunting down the source of corruption
- Three new missions available to tackle as well as new enemies such as the Illusioner and Iceologer
- Get the Arctic Fox pet and two new player skins
- The online game host can now toggle Private Game, which restricts friends from joining unless they are invited.
- Find an added Map Legend showing secret locations, captured merchants, and new rewards.
- Receive a bundle of arrows after you lost a life when you only had less than one full bundle
- Unlock new trophies and achievements for Creeping Winter and Jungle Awakens.
- Battlestaff can now drop in Lower Temple
- Light Feather can now trigger all rolling enchantments
- Changes in Balance
- Bow / Shortbow / Longbow: Increased ammo by 50%
- Cutlass: Reduced attack combo from 4 to 2 attacks
- Pickaxe: Changed to 1 attack combo
- Daggers: Increased the dagger attack range by 25%
Free New Features (All Players)
- Rescue new camp merchants on missions like the Gift Wrapper to send items to other players and the Blacksmith to upgrade gear
- Take new challenges everyday with Daily Trials to make wild changes to the game mechanics. These provide fun, experimental, or difficult challenges for you to earn powerful rewards. Get exclusive four new pieces of gear only from Daily Trials.
- Get Daily Trials exclusive new armor and weapons while you can also earn six new enchantments spread across the game. Grab new tools like the Tumblebee enchantment, the Beenest, and Beenest Armor.
Minecraft Dungeons: How to Update
To access the latest content and fixes on Minecraft Dungeons, you first need to update the game with the latest version. This usually happens automatically when the device is in standby mode or even in use while connected to the internet. Check out how to update the Minecraft Dungeons for each platform.
Take note before updating:
- You would need to restart your device and connect to the internet before updating it.
- Find the current version number that can be found on the top left of the Minecraft Dungeons Settings screen.
- Select My Games & Apps from the dashboard.
- Look for Minecraft Dungeons, then press the Menu button on the controller.
- Scroll down and choose Manage Game & Add-Ons.
- Click on Updates. The update will appear on this screen when it is available.
- Navigate to the Minecraft Dungeons and press the Options button from the controller.
- Scroll down and click on Check for Updates.
- It will appear on the screen when there an update is available.
- Click on the Microsoft Store app.
- Click on the three dots button on the top right corner.
- Choose Download and Updates.
- The update will show on the screen if there is any.
- Click the Update button.
- When you open the Minecraft Dungeons Launcher, the green Play button will show Update if there is an available update.
- Click the button and wait until the update is completely installed.
- Click on the Minecraft Dungeons icon
- Press the + button on the controller.
- Choose Software Update, then click on Via the Internet.
- When there is an update available, it will appear on this screen.
This is owned by Tech Times
Written by CJ Robles