iPhone 13 users find it harder to reset their devices on a new setup. Just like the previous smartphone models, the new-gen devices allow the FaceID feature, but they do not have a Home Button.
Primarily, the new Side button replaces the usual power button from old iPhone predecessors. The purpose of this button is to launch Siri. Once you hold it, you can ask for a command right away.
The physical buttons for iPhone 10 and above could pose some challenges for those who notice the big difference. But, there's nothing to worry about.
With that, this quick guide will help the iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max users on how to reset their devices with or without the power buttons properly.
Turning Off iPhone 13 Using Hardware Buttons
According to a report by Web Trickz, you can easily turn off your iPhone without clicking anything on the screen. All you have to do is to use the volume and the side button.
- Tap and hold the Volume Up or Down button and the Side button until "slide to power off" appears on the screen.
- After that, simply drag the message to the right.
- After a few seconds, your iPhone 13 will now shut down.
Turning Off iPhone 13 Without Power Button
If you want a power button-free way of shutting down your iPhone 13, you can begin by knowing what's inside your phone's settings. Since long pressing the power button could damage your device, according to Tech Times, here's how you can begin resetting your device without depending on it.
- Open your device and go to Settings.
- From there, access the General.
- Then, scroll down until you see "Shut Down." Click it.
- After tapping it, you can now slide off the notification.
How to Reset iPhone 13 Thru Assistive Touch
In another report from Dr. Fone, another way to restart your Apple smartphone without relying on the usual way is by using AssistiveTouch. This option can allow you to reset your device without using a lock button.
- Turn on the AssistiveTouch feature. To do that, go to Settings, then General. Next, tap Accessibility and turn on the AssistiveTouch.
- Now that you switch it on already select "Device" from the options.
- Press and hold the "Lock Screen" option and "slide to power off" your iPhone 13.
How to Reset iPhone 13 Thru Network Settings
Another easy way to try if you want to test restarting your iPhone is through visiting the network settings. You can begin by following these procedures.
- Go to Settings, General, then proceed to Reset and Reset Network Settings option.
- Once you're done with this, you need to enter your iPhone's passcode.
- After that, click the Reset Network Settings. This will now delete all the saved network settings. It will reset at the end of the process.
How to Reset iPhone Thru Bold Text
If you want a unique way of restarting your phone without any power button, you can test the use of the bold text feature to do the same thing. Here's how to get started:
- First, make sure that your Bold text feature is switched on in your device. To do so, go to Settings, General, then tap Accessibility. Turn on "bold text."
- After switching it on, you will see "Applying this setting will restart your iPhone.
- Click "Continue" and wait until your iPhone 13 restarts.
How to Reset iPhone 13 by Draining its Battery
In some cases, you can encounter unnecessary "screen freezes." That's the time that you need to resort to the last option: restarting your device by draining the battery.
- Turn on the flashlight of your iPhone 13.
- Set the brightness of the device to the maximum level.
- Make sure to open multiple apps simultaneously.
- Disable LTE.
- After your iPhone 13 turns off, immediately connect a lightning cable to reset your device.
For more iPhone-related articles, you can also check our latest story on how to set Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro.
This article is owned by Tech Times
Written by Joseph Henry