Once upon a time, prior to the advent of the likes of Angry Birds and Candy Crush Saga, when games on mobile phones were a novelty, Nokia ruled the mobile gaming scene with its popular Snake.
Yes, remember Snake, the exasperating yet engaging game that was on all Nokia phones? The developer behind Snake was Finland-based Taneli Armanto, who collaborated with Nokia to ensure that Snake was first included on a Nokia 6110 in 1997.
Now, decades later, Armanto has teamed up with Rumilus Design to bring the iconic game back. Dubbed Snake Rewind, the game will be available for Windows Phone, Android and iOS users as a modern take on the classic game.
"Taneli Armanto and Rumilus Design have joined forces to bring you Snake Rewind! Iconic elements and intuitive gameplay from the original Snake are combined with cool visual effects, sounds and many new features. The result is a game that will entertain, challenge and delight you time after time!" notes Rumilus Design.
Snake Rewind will have the basic blueprint as the original with minor changes and enhancements thrown in to keep with the changing times. Therefore, the graphics of the game will see an update along with addition of music and sound effects. Another new welcome feature is to rewind time once you crash.
The game will be free but have a "fruit store" where users can purchase in-app upgrades and special items with money or the fruits collected during gameplay.
The complete list of features are as follows:
- Rewind the snake to continue the game even after crashing!
- Many different types of special fruit with unique powers and effects!
- 10 levels with distinct visuals and music, unlocked by completing fun and challenging missions!
- Fruit store where boosters and items can be upgraded and purchased using fruit that you collect while playing!
- Compete against other players for higher scores and rankings on the leaderboards, connect with friends on Facebook!
- Fill the whole screen with the snake and find out what happens then!
Wondering when Snake Rewind will be available? May 14 is the date, so get ready for some action. Meanwhile, check out the video of the game below.