There's some good news for players of Ultra Street Fighter IV on the PlayStation 4: today, game developer Capcom plans on releasing an update that fixes many of the issues affecting the title since its launch a few weeks ago.
This is the first official update for the game since its arrival on the PlayStation 4 on May 26.
Sony made the announcement about the Ultra Street Fighter IV update via Twitter this morning.
Ultra Street Fighter IV update: we're aware of issues and are working to address, more details: http://t.co/veakEiQuIU
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) May 28, 2015
According to the PlayStation blog, the update fixes the following in-game bugs:
|• Reduce interface lag within menus
• Addressed disappearing projectiles
• Fixed Decapre’s teleport animation
• Fixed Rolento’s audio glitch (during victory screen)
• Fixed missing SFX for Red Focus attack
• Fixed Akuma’s stomp SFX not playing
• Addressed bottom portion of the ON/OFF text being cut off under the graphics settings in the Options menu
• Removed extra character that was sometimes displayed in Leaderboards at the end of a player’s name even if they have not set it to be there
• Fixed issue when seeking an Arcade match-up with LAN cabled disconnected and then starting up training results in a message ID being displayed
• Addressed Online IDs not appearing correctly
• Addresses issue when changing the HP bar’s HUD position in Options, the Online ID HUD position does not move with it and is displayed at the default position
• Anisotropic Filtering (AF) changes to decrease blur
• Fixed appearance of white box after backing out of a command list menu
• Addressed Fight Request issue in Arcade Mode
Capcom ported the game from the PC and previous generation consoles, but the initial release of the game saw complaints from gamers about these issues. Fortunately, gamers only needed a few weeks before Capcom released this update, which takes care of most, if not all, major problems reported by players.