J.J. Abrams is proving to be a director with a heart of gold. Heeding the call on social media, which was even picked up by the cast of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” a terminally ill man whom doctors said only has two months left to live, was granted a special advanced private screening of the first sequel to the Star Wars Trilogy.

Daniel Fleetwood's wife first took to Facebook to share her husband's story of being a lifelong Star Wars fan. However, in 2012, the 32-year-old was diagnosed with spindle cell carcinoma. He had been battling the disease since then, but doctors told him that his chances of living long enough to catch the Dec. 18 premiere date for “The Force Awakens” were slim.

His wife, Ashley, took to Facebook and Twitter to launch the #ForceForDaniel campaign to beg the powers that be to allow her husband to see the movie as his dying wish. The movie's stars even retweeted the pleas in order to help Daniel's cause.

In a Facebook post shared by Ashley, she revealed that J.J. Abrams himself called to tell Daniel that, in true Disney fashion, Daniel's wish was coming true. Daniel was able to watch the film from the comfort of his Houston home where he is receiving hospice care.

To all our wonderful supporters, friends, family and awesome strangers: Daniels final dream was just granted!!! Today...

Posted by Ashley Fleetwood on Thursday, November 5, 2015

Star of The Original Trilogy and notably absent from the current marketing for "The Force Awakens," Mark Hamill, also shared the good news via Twitter, thanking all those involved for making this dying man's wish come true.

In 2013, Abrams also granted the wish of another Daniel, Daniel Craft, to see a rough cut of "Star Trek Into Darkness" just days before the man passed away from terminal cancer.

Be sure to follow T-Lounge on Twitter and visit our Facebook page.

ⓒ 2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.