It may not be May the Fourth but surely everyone can feel the energy thrumming and weaving through the galaxies as the Force's awakening draws even closer and begins to eat away at your patience. Fortunately, you can bite back whether you're in the light side or the dark side of The Force with tasty "Star Wars" inspired treats just in time for "Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens."
Disney's marketing campaign for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" involve partnering with food companies to feature its characters in product labels from Campbell's Soup to Kellogg's cereals and, now, Pop Chips has limited edition "Star Wars" chip bags and Jenn Fujikawa, "Star Wars" recipes extraordinaire, decided to incorporate the sea salt potato flavor variant to entice people to the dark side of snacking.
What you need is to scour galaxies near and far to gather the following ingredients:
- One cup of crushed sea salt potato Pop Chips
- Two and one quarter cups of all-purpose flour
- One cup of softened unsalted butter
- Half cup of sugar
- Half teaspoon of vanilla
Here's what to do with all those things you prepared:
1. Before you mix anything, fire up your will to exact burning vengeance and use it to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the baking sheets too while you're at it.
2. Use the electric force of the mixer to cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together.
3. Add the flour slowly to the mix and fold in the crushed chips in there too. If the dough is not crumbly by the time you're through, you have failed the empire but if you succeed, go to the next plan.
4. Roll out the dough until it is 3/8 inches thick and use "Star Wars" cookie cutters to cut out the cookies and set them on the baking sheets you prepared.
5. Bake the dough for eight minutes before letting cool on a wire rack. Don't forget, eight minutes.
6. Invite your friends to join the dark side because the dark side has cookies.
— Star Wars (@starwars) November 11, 2015
You can also try other recipes Fujikawa shared in the "Star Wars" site because they are out of this world!