The world lost one of its most iconic pop music stars on April 21 when Prince Rogers Nelson, more famously known as the eccentric but incredible singer and songwriter Prince, was found unconscious in an elevator in his home and passed away under mysterious circumstances.

The Carver County Sheriff's Office (CCSO) announced that it is investigating Prince's cause of death, with the Midwest Medical Examiners Office performing an autopsy on April 22. However, while it may take days or weeks before any conclusive results could be found, some confirmed details surrounding his death have been released.

At the very least, Sheriff Jim Olson confirmed that Prince was clothed when he was found and that there were no obvious signs of trauma and that there was no reason to believe, at this time, that suicide is the cause of death.

The Carver County S.O. also released the transcript of an unnamed person's call when they found Prince in the elevator of his home in Paisley Park, Chanhassen. The transcript contains the conversation between the caller—who was obviously distressed with the situation—and the dispatcher who tried to calm the caller enough to get an address so an ambulance can be sent over.

The call from the unidentified male (UM) was accepted by CCSO Dispatcher Emily Colestock (EC). Below are selected parts from the transcript.

EC: 911, where is your emergency?

UM: Hi there, um, what's the address, here? Yea, we need an ambulance right now [...] We have someone who is unconscious [...] Um, we're at Prince's house.

EC: O.K., does anybody know the address? Is there any mail around that you could look at? [...]

UM: Yea, we have um, yea, we have um, so, yea, um, the person is dead here.

EC: Okay, get me the address please [...] Concentrate on that [...] I understand [the people] are distraught but [...]

UM: I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

The unidentified male eventually found and supplied an address with the help of an unidentified female and this allowed Dispatcher Colestock to send officers to survey the scene and commence first aid. The CCSO said that officers performed CPR on Prince when they arrived but he did not gain consciousness.

Ridgeview Ambulance Dispatcher Shirley was the one to call CCSO to confirm that Prince was dead on arrival. The autopsy is finished and Prince's body has now been released to his family.

ⓒ 2021 All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.