Psyonix announces the new Rumble mode for Rocket League, and it's giving it out for free this coming September.
This development made the headlines as the Championship Series in Hollywood was taking place, and it's made out to be an "epic battle royale." Considering all the craziness it has in store, that description is the perfect way to give an idea of what's up.
Here's the list of the 11 power-ups and what they do, straight from the folks over at Psyonix themselves:
• The Boot (Kicks an opponent's car)
• Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
• Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
• Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
• Haymaker (Punches the ball)
• Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
• Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
• Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
• Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
• Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
• Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
With all those goofy-looking tools, matches are practically guaranteed to become even more exciting and intense. Needless to say, relying on pure skill alone won't be necessary in the new game mode, as chaos is going to play a big part in determining which team will come out on top.
It should also be pointed out that Rumble is going to be available in Online Playlists and Private and Exhibition matches to boot, just like Hoops and Mutator.
In other related news, cross-platform play between the PS4 and Xbox One is believed to become a reality soon enough, and the big question that remains is when rather than if at this point. This news is also coming in fairly hot on the heels of when cross-network support rolled out for the Xbox One and PC received.
On an interesting note, Blizzard recently launched Lucioball for Overwatch in honor of the 2016 Olympics, and it's pretty much like Rocket League, where players are tasked with scoring points by getting a soccer ball through their opponents' goal.
Anyway, what do you think of the new upcoming game mode? Don't hesitate to let us know what's on your mind in the comments section below.
Also, don't forget to check out the trailer below and see how much havoc you can wreak when Rocket League Rumble goes official in September.