In addition to Samsung shutting down sales of the Galaxy Note 7 worldwide, the company has also told owners to stop using the smartphones and to switch them off.

However, even after the reported cases of exploding batteries and devices catching fire, there are some Galaxy Note 7 users who have chosen to keep using the smartphone.

According to data from Apteligent, which analyzes data on the usage of apps to get information on the usage of smartphones, there are no signs of Galaxy Note 7 usage slowing down. Since Samsung launched the first worldwide recall program for the smartphone, the usage of the devices have increased by about 15 percent, with the highest usage rate for the Galaxy Note 7's history recorded on Oct. 9.

The data shows that users are unaware of the problems surrounding the Galaxy Note 7, which is highly unlikely given the publicity of the issue; have not gotten around to replacing the device, which is unacceptable given the many options for doing so; or have chosen to keep using the Galaxy Note 7, ignoring the explosion risks.

In fact, after Samsung revealed that it will be permanently ending the production of the Galaxy Note 7, there were some users who tweeted that they will be keeping the smartphone.

The Galaxy Note 7 is a powerful device, with top-of-the-line features that had it on track to surpass the performance of the successful Galaxy S7. The smartphone's capabilities and the loyalty of customers to the Samsung brand could be behind the decision to keep the Galaxy Note 7.

In an interview with CNET, EMS worker Robinson Suarez said that he would be open to switching his Galaxy Note 7 for another smartphone, but there is no other device available that can compare to the design and specifications of the Galaxy Note 7. Suarez said that he has not experienced any overheating with his replacement unit.

The sentiment was shared by other Galaxy Note 7 owners such as Joseph Jugos and Mikey Martin, with Jugos stating that he has no plans of downgrading from the smartphone and Martin calling the chances of his smartphone catching fire as one in a million.

While it is the decision of these Galaxy Note 7 owners to keep their smartphones, they might not have a choice in the matter in the near future. Samsung and the Consumer Product Safety Commission have tagged the smartphone as a hazard, and so a forced shutdown could be enforced. Similar to the patches that Samsung previously rolled out for the Galaxy Note 7 to artificially limit battery life, the South Korean company might be planning to release another update that will push customers still using the Galaxy Note 7 to switch them off and have them replaced.

ⓒ 2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.