Encounter Between Michael Brown and Darren Wilson Brief but Fatal, New Video Shows


New information on the death of Michael Brown has been released just days before the grand jury decides whether there is enough evidence to indict the alleged killer, police officer Darren Wilson.

In addition to new records, a forensic specialist has also testified that Brown, 18, was fatally shot with seven bullets as opposed to six, which was initially reported.

Brown was allegedly killed by Wilson on Aug. 9 in Ferguson, Missouri. The incident has sparked months of protests in the St. Louis suburb.

According to the records, the incident started when a dispatcher called in to report a stealing incident at a market.

The suspect, who was described as a black male wearing a white T-shirt, was seen holding a box of cigars. There was also another man with him. He was later on identified as Dorian Johnson, a lawyer for one of Brown's friends. He confirmed in a statement that he and Brown were at the market that day.

At noontime, Wilson called in to say that he had just come in from an incident that involved a sick baby. He asked the officers who were responding to the stealing incident if they needed an extra hand.

At 12:02 p.m., Wilson called again, this time asking for backup and uttered the words "on Canfield with two." Canfield was the street where the fatal encounter took place.

Two officers arrived at the location. Wilson told investigators that he had stopped Brown and Johnson for walking. Shortly after, he called for backup.

At this point, several conflicting accounts of what happened next were recorded. The police's version, together with those of the eyewitnesses, had been patched together, leading to the creation of a timeline culminating in Brown's death.

According to the police, Wilson told them that Brown tried to grab Wilson's gun after Wilson gave the first two shots and hit Brown once.

Six eyewitnesses claimed that Brown, who later on fled from the altercation, stopped running and turned around with his hands placed up in the air as an act of surrender. Wilson was said to have fired off multiple shots.

Spokesperson Shawn McGuire of the St. Louis County Police Department said that the department is preparing for the decision of the grand jury on the possibility of Wilson's indictment.

A surveillance footage was also obtained by the Post-Dispatch, which showed Wilson's actions after the shooting.

ⓒ 2018 All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Real Time Analytics