Remembering one password seems easy, right? How about a hundred different passwords that a hacker could never guess? Far too many of us have resorted to picking (easily guessable) variations of the same one, or just writing them down.
Neither of these antiquated options is a great solution. Enter RoboForm password manager: the modern and simple answer to the problem of too many passwords. It's the perfect solution for small business owners and security conscious individuals alike. Don't write down passwords. Store them with RoboForm and make logging in faster and more secure.
Here are the top 11 things that make RoboForm the best free password manager.
1. It has an excellent free version. Unlike some other password managers that either offers just a free trial or limit the amount of passwords. RoboForm allows you to store unlimited data for free.
2. Its premium features come at a very affordable price. For just $1.99/month, a RoboForm Everywhere subscription adds secure backup, syncing across all devices, and priority support. They offer discounts on multi-year purchases as well as a Family option, which gives 5 Everywhere accounts for just $3.98/month.
3. Its security is top-notch. RoboForm uses AES 256 bit encryption with PBKDF2 SHA256 with decryption of all data occurring locally, at the device level only. This is important because that means that the company has no way to access users' passwords. The key to unlocking the data is the Master Password which only the user knows. Since it's the only password you'll need to know, make sure you don't forget it. Users can add an additional layer of security to their account with Two Factor Authentication via TOTP-based authentication apps including Google Authenticator, Authy, and Microsoft Authenticator.
4. Cross-platform convenience you can actually count on. RoboForm is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android with support for all their respective browsers, including Edge and Internet Explorer. That means users can access their data anytime, from anywhere. The desktop and mobile apps even provide offline access to RoboForm data while the RoboForm Everywhere secure cloud keeps passwords backed up and in sync across all browsers and devices.
5. It's a huge timesaver. RoboForm logs into websites with a single click (or tap). Users can either take advantage of on page AutoFill or log in from the browser extension.
6. Password generation couldn't be easier. RoboForm's password generator makes it a cinch for users to generate random, strong, and unique passwords. Passwords can conveniently be generated right from the user's browser with the click of a button. The Generator is easily accessible on mobile, too.
7. Sharing data is safe and easy. Everyone had to share a password at one point or another. RoboForm's secure sharing feature eliminates insecure (and cumbersome) sharing methods such as sticky notes, email, and spreadsheets. Whether sharing a single password or a folder of them, users can share data with confidence, knowing their information is protected. When sharing a folder, users can even select the folder access level they wish to grant the recipient.
8. It's great at keeping data organized. Unlike some other password managers, RoboForm lets users store and categorize all of their passwords in easy-to-manage folders and sub-folders. Users can also pin their favorite Logins for quick access.
9. It's more than just for passwords. Safenotes allow users to save anything from software license keys to Wi-Fi passwords, ensuring they are safe from prying eyes. RoboForm is also the only major password manager that organizes user's bookmarks for quick and easy access across browsers and devices.
10. Its form filling is the best in its class. Even The trickiest web forms are no match for RoboForm. Its Identity feature lets users store multiple instances of addresses, bank accounts, and other data types under each form fill Identity. It's perfect for filling out long web forms that request personal, family, coworker, or client info.
11. Top notch support. RoboForm has the most support options of any password manager: (fast!) 24/7 email, chat during business hours EST, and even phone callbacks.