Apple has just announced that it is now safe to clean any of your Apple devices with disinfecting wipes. Apple has just now updated its website to inform its customers that any iPhone, iPad, Mac devices are finally approved for cleaning with these said wipes.
Previously, Apple thought it was not a good idea to use cleaning wipes with their products and even highly recommended against using it. This is due to the damage it may bring to the special coating on screens that help prevent fingerprints. Now amidst the COVID-19 outbreak concerns, the CDC said that it is a good idea to use Disinfecting Wipes on your devices to, at the very least, lessen the chances of catching the virus.
Now, as more people are concerned with keeping their hands and phones being germ-free, This is truly a commendable move from Apple by owning up to their volition against these said wipes. Now the billion-dollar company has withdrawn their previous sentiments and soon confirmed that disinfectants are now safe to use. This indeed shows that their intent is genuine as a business by adjusting to their consumer's concerns.
Here's How You Can Safely Disinfect Your iPhone With Wipes
It was just yesterday that Apple updated the official cleaning guide saying that disinfecting wipes are now accepted as part of cleaning your iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and any other Apple products.
"Using a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, you may gently wipe the hard, nonporous surfaces of your Apple product, such as the display, keyboard, or other exterior surfaces," the company says. "Don't use bleach. Avoid getting moisture in any opening, and don't submerge your Apple product in any cleaning agents. Don't use on fabric or leather surfaces."
Here are some helpful tips!
1. You must first turn off your iPhone, iPad, Mac Device
2. When using the disinfecting wipe, gently wipe down slowly on the hard surfaces with the cloth.
3. It is essential to make sure that you don't get any liquid in the charging port or other areas, such as speaker grilles. Otherwise, you'll do more harm to it.
4. If you don't have a disinfectant wipe, consider using a soft, lint-free cloth.
5. Using paper towels are not recommended or any other products that might cause a scratch to the screen.
6. Spraying cleaner directly on the phone is a bad idea! Even using anything with bleach shouldn't be considered.
Apple highly recommends that you use disinfecting wipes and not cleaning sprays. If you have a shower at your disposal, you should spray it on a soft, lint-free cloth (like a microfiber cloth) and use that instead to wipe your iPhone or other Apple product rather than spraying it directly. Apple also informs that you should "avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, or similar items." Never submerge your hardware in any cleaning solution.