Oops, you lost your cellphone. No-one will locate it. There are features that both iOS and Android provide to track a missing phone, but you can also get support from your Amazon Echo.
Alexa offers a few abilities you can ring with or tap your phone to track it down. Here's how it will help you find your device.
Enable the Find My Phone Alexa skill
Find My Phone is an Alexa skill that helps you find your lost phone - you can even add more than one phone number.
1. Go to Skills & Games under the Alexa app menu.
2. Search Find My Phone.
3. Click Enable to Use.
4. Link your Amazon account, and tap Allow your account to access the skills.
5. Say, "Alexa, find my phone." Alexa will ask for your phone number the first time you use that skill.
6. A four-digit SMS code will be sent to you, which you will need to read out: "Alexa, [four digit code]." Then your phone will start ringing.
7. You can add a different number by asking, "Alexa, ask Find My Mobile to add another number."
Enable the Cell Phone Finder skill
The skill of the Cell Phone Finder is similar to that of Find My Phone. Here's how to set it up.
1. Say: "Alexa, enable Cell Phone Finder."
2. Alexa will make you call 415-212-4525. While getting the voice bot on the line, it will tell you to ask Alexa what your PIN is. Enter the PIN that Alexa gives you on the phone.
3. Now you can say "Alexa, tell me to call Cell Phone Finder. "Remember that your phone would vibrate if your ringer isn't on.
Have Alexa find, call and play music on your phone
You'll need an IFTTT account to have Alexa do this. Here's how to set it up.
1. Sign in or register, then click on the top search bar and enter "Alexa."
2. There's a list of choices from Alexa, and you're going to tick all of those that apply. Tell Alexa to find your phone, Hey Alexa, call my computer and Alexa to play music on my phone are some examples.
3. Click on Connect for every one you pick.
4. You'll then be asked to sign in to your Amazon Alexa account and enter your phone number to give you a Password. Type the code in and tap Connect.
5. Now when your phone gets lost in the building, say, "Alexa, find the phone." If your phone is vibrating, you'll have to listen to the vibrations carefully.
Play a song on your Android phone
Alexa can play a song on your Android phone, but you're going to have to make sure your volume is up. To do so, use IFTTT to turn your Android phone's volume up when you send it a text.
Check "turn on the phone" and scroll through the applets. You will find the Text your lost Android phone to turn the ringer volume up 100% option. Click Connect then press the Save button. You can now say, "Alexa, Text Katie lost telephone," and your volume will turn up.
Unfortunately, if your phone is connected to any Bluetooth speaker or headphone, instead of their own speakers, it will play audio through those.