COVID-19 has overextended its stay on the global stage and, with the arrival of vaccines from Pfizer, BioNTech, AstraZeneca and Moderna, it will soon be defeated by human immunity.
Alongside vaccine centers providing online scheduling systems to administer doses, website monitoring tools, like Visualping, that can monitor web pages for available slots for you. When appointments become available, Visualping detects the page change and sends you an email alert, notifying you of open slots for you and your loved ones to snag.
Visualping can also monitor other pressing vaccine updates, like changes to your area's current priority groups.
Think of Visualping as that nifty college roommate who always knew when the exam grades were posted, or that friend who always told you when the price dropped for that hot product you've had your eye on.
Not just for vaccine slot tracking, Visualping also monitors page changes for back in stock products, fresh eBay and Craigslist posts, social media updates, news pages, competitors' websites, law and regulation changes and your own website for defacement security and quality assurance. The list goes on.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Vaccine Alerts with Visualping
While Visualping is not intended for global pandemics alone, it can be smartly wielded to track updates for vaccine slot availability.
For those who do not want to sit in front of their computer, desperately relying on the refresh button and scanning a dizzying array of vaccine pages for hours, Visualping is a strategic resource to help ease some of the stress of booking vaccine slots. When page changes occur, Visualping sends users an email alert with a screenshot of the changes.
In the U.S., for example, it is difficult to snag vaccine slots before they vanish seconds after opening. Priority groups also vary from state to state -- sometimes, even county to county -- making it challenging to know when it is your turn for vaccination.
The U.S.'s chaotic vaccine rollout likely partially explains why over 10,000 people in the U.S. are using Visualping to monitor vaccine pages. In fact, Visualping posted a list of the most popular pages their users are monitoring to sign-up for COVID-19 vaccine slots. Visualping crowdsourced the data from its database to help people know where to start in their online vaccine search.
Check out Visualping's list of pages for your state/county and, if the sign-up slots are full, or if you want to be alerted of new priority group updates for your area, use Visualping to monitor these pages. Of course, you could always sign up for your pharmacy, clinic or state/county's vaccine newsletter for updates in your area.
But downsides include the risk of being notified too late, when supply is nearly depleted; a flock of other locals have likely signed up, increasing the fierce competition to snag a coveted slot. Visualping provides users with a sharper competitive edge.
Vaccine Slots Near Me: How to Sign Up for Alerts
Visualping offers a variety of website monitoring features. You can monitor changes to page pixels (with Visual-compare), text (with Text-compare) or HTML code (with Element-compare). You can set up a % trigger ("only alert me when 10% of the page changes"), to help reduce false alerts, and even identify changes to particular keywords, with the keyword alerts feature.
Visualping's blog narrates how to use the tool to be alerted of COVID-19 vaccine availability in your area, such as in your local pharmacy. Here's the summary of how to use Visualping to sign up for COVID-19 vaccine alerts near me:
- Step 1: To start, copy and paste the URL of the COVID-19 vaccine page into the search bar on Visualping's homepage. Click GO.
- Step 2: Give your monitor a name (for example, "Open COVID-19 Vaccine Slots in Manhattan -- Broadway St.")
- Step 3: In the Advanced tab, choose Visual-compare to monitor pixel changes (Visualping recommends Visual-compare for tracking vaccine updates). .
- Step 4: Choose the frequency Visualping is to monitor the page (ranging from every 5 mins., hourly, daily, weekly, etc.).
- Step 5: Enter your email address the alerts are to be sent to, and then verify the address by confirming the email Visualping sends you. Follow the prompt to set up a password for your Visualping account, and you're done!.
To monitor a password-protected page (such as from your pharmacy account):
- Step 1: Repeat the steps above: copy and paste the URL in Visualping's search bar, and click GO.
- Step 2: Click Perform actions. In the dropdown, select Click. Then, click the element selector (white arrow), and use it to click the page's username box up above, in the viewport. Step 3: Next, click +Add action, and, this time, select Type in the dropdown. Type your username, or the email address you normally use to login to the page, in the form that reads Word to Type.
- Step 4: Click +Add action again. In the dropdown, select Click. Click the element selector and use it to click the password box up above in the viewport, where you normally type your password.
- Step 5: Then, select Type in the dropdown and input your password in the Words to Type form.
- Step 6: Click +Add action for the last time. Use the element selector to click Enter, Submit, or the Login button, up above in the viewport.
- Step 7: Lastly, click Go, and Visualping will login to the page, indicating this action will be completed every time it goes to monitor the page.
Continue to set up your monitor as normal: customize the frequency of checks, the monitoring feature, and the email address you want the alerts to be sent to.
Vaccines are serving as critical weapons in the world's mission to prevent the spread of COVID-19. And, with the help of website monitoring tools like Visualping, you can sign up to be alerted of your area's current priority groups and available vaccine slots.
Related Article: COVID-19 Can Cause Sperm Damage, Infertility, Study Says
<This article is owned by Tech Times
Written by Isaiah Alonzo