On Wednesday, March 31, "Among Us" released its fourth map. The Airship is now a reality. According to Innersloth, this is the game's most extensive map to date, and this one took longer to develop than expected since the game's popularity skyrocketed. With the new map, several additional features appear as well.
'Among Us' Airship map: How to get it
According to ScreenRant, the "Among Us" new map, The Airship, and the associated account update are live now on all platforms. Despite being released in 2018, the social deduction game's popularity has not waned over the last several months.
The Airship was revealed as the next "Among Us" map at the 2020 Game Awards and has recently been a hot topic of conversation. Promising new tasks and other changes to the game's repetitive nature, the new content promises to keep some of the game's avid players coming back.
Players can now explore the Airship map, and they can lie to each other in it.
"Also included are many new free cosmetic hats for the game, including an expanded fashion wardrobe. There are also several other quality of life changes, including spawning changes on all maps and more," said on the page.
'Among Us' New Features
According to TheVerge, InnerSloth has refocused its efforts on improving and updating the game, even going so far as to cancel a planned sequel. Today, InnerSloth announced it would also expand the number of players to 15.
The developers promise that the game will get a transparent content roadmap showcasing the many updates to come. These updates could bring players new color options or even new game modes.
This update is also included in Us' new account system, which is intended to keep hackers and users away from the game.
PcGamer reports that InnerSloth wants users to have accounts to have access to these features:
- Currently, it's focused on reporting and moderation capabilities, but we hope to incorporate a friend system and the ability to transfer your cosmetics between devices with time.
- If you have more than one account for the same machine, it will be locked in the interim, but we're planning a hotfix for that as soon as possible.
- You will be able to report any misbehavior instances in the game, including inappropriate names, inappropriate chat, cheating, harassment, and misconduct. Consequences may range from temporary to permanent bans (including alternate accounts).
- Note that reports will be read by human beings (not bots!), and a brief explanation of why you are reporting is required.
- There is no way to link multiple accounts (Steam account is only on Steam and Epic account is only on Epic.) This will come soon.
- You must register to use our free chat service (otherwise, you will be required to use Quick Chat).
- To change your display name freely, you must first create an account. If you do not create a user account, you will be presented with random names to choose from.
- User names are not exclusive. Many people may have the same username (for example, if you use the username "PuffballsUnited," others may also use "PuffballsUnited").
- If you are under the minimum digital consent age in your country (usually 13), you must get a parent' or guardian's permission to create an account on free chat (which allows you to create your display name).
- If you do not have an account (or if you are a minor who does not wish to ask your parent/guardian's permission), you can play in the Guest Mode. However, you do not have the option of changing your name other than the random one generated for you.
Unfortunately, the update does not expand lobbies beyond the current ten-player limit, but InnerSloth is already working to increase it to fifteen players. The update also includes a completely redesigned art style.
This article is owned by Tech Times
Written by Lionell Moore