Ketogenic diet has become a common term when it comes to food diet. Similar to the Atkins diet, the person should consume more calories from eating foods rich in fat and protein.
Some restrictions for the keto diet include avoiding sugary foods and even white bread. The focus of this lifestyle is to maintain a high-fat diet to burn more fat.
If you want to try this regimen as early as now, here are the best 2021 keto apps that will help you get started.
Top 5 Best Ketogenic Apps in 2021
Since this is a new thing for beginners, it's better first to ask your nutritionist if you are fit for the keto diet. It is not recommended for people who are suffering from liver and metabolism problems. Those who are pregnant should not try the keto diet as well.
The usual pattern for a ketogenic food plan requires the person to acquire 70 to 75% of calories from fat, according to Verywellfit. Furthermore, carbohydrates consumption should only be 5% to 10%.
If you are looking for an all-around Keto app, you might consider downloading Carb manager. This not only gives you a properly laid plan for your diet, but also it could track your carbohydrate intake and even your blood glucose and other components in your body.
- Easy tracking of keto metrics such as sugar levels and micronutrients
- Easy food log via barcode scanning, image sharing, and even voice command
- Easy to connect in smart trackers and other apps
- Takes note of your lifestyle every day including water intake
- Food database needs improvement
- Expensive premium version priced at $40 per year
- Unreliable barcode scanner
- Inaccuracy of nutrient data
Available for: Apple Watch and Fitbit
Keto diet fans should rejoice in the creation of MyMacos+ app. This application won't let you down through its user-friendly interface.
You can now track your meals easily through this app--just a reminder for those who want to download this app. Although it is not a keto diet app, it provides substantial points that users could pick up for a keto plan.
- No required internet to log food
- More than 5 million foods in database
- Real-time connection with friends through "My Circle"
- Now features body fast estimation calculator
- Easy food selection through Macro Coach
- Requires extra fee to unlock premium features
- Unequal functionalities in iOS and Android
- Finding food can take some time
Available for: Android, iPhone, and iPad
Beginners could be "culture shocked" in the first few days of the keto diet. For this reason, Senza diet app will make sure that you will have a better introductory guide through its "5 Days to Keto" program.
Senza will help you track your food intake and their corresponding nutrition, such as glucose and carbs. Other than that, you can also assess your sleep and mood.
- Can tracking sleep besides nutrient metrics
- Gives you recommendation about the best keto-focused restaurants during travel
- Sometimes, nutrient data is inaccurate
- Does not allow the user to edit inaccurate data for nutrients
Available for: Android, iPad, and iPhone
Are you looking for a keto app that will offer you the best recipes? Try Tasteaholics' Total Keto Diet. This app does more than the usual keto app that tracks nutrients and food intake.
It also allows the users to have access to many recipes that would suit his/her body. There are several blogs that you can read through this keto app.
- Many food recipes to choose
- Customized plans for your keto meal
- Gives users some knowledge about keto diet
- Creates grocery list for you
- Poor app functionality as per some users
- Small food database
- Barcode tracker can't properly function sometimes
Available for: iPhone, iPad, and Android
Besides a comprehensive keto diet plan, 8fit provides important information about fitness. This keto app focuses on helping you earn a healthy weight through the workout.
Although its main target is not the keto diet enthusiasts, it's capable of tracking nutrients. It also features some fitness guides and meal plan templates to help you have an easy keto plan.
- No equipment required for workouts
- Provides meal plans and shopping list
- You can custom your meal plans based on your preference
- Costly Pro version access at $30 for 3 months ($60 per year)
- Charges might appear when renewing automatically
Available for: iPhone, Android, and iPad
You can also check the top best keto diet pills reviews and a comparison article between a low-carb and a low-fat diet.
Related Article: The Keto Question: What Fats Are Ideal For This Diet?
This article is owned by Tech Times
Written by Joseph Henry