Given the sun is expected to make an appearance this weekend, and it's the Easter holiday weekend, the decision to attend the 2014 New York Auto Show could pose a dilemma.
But no fear if you can't get there this weekend as the show is open until April 27 and thanks to a steady stream of news coverage you can keep up with all that's happening with automobiles this year.
Here are a few headlines:
- The Audi A3 beats off the Mazda3 and BMW 4 Series for 2014 World Car of the Year
- The Mercedes S-Class is World Luxury Car of the Year
- The Porsche 911 GT3 is the World Performance Car of the Year
- The BMW i3 is World Car Design and Green Car of the Year
But while awards are great, the biggest buzz has been about Toyota and its redesigned Camry sporting a whole new sculpted body which reports claim included revamping 2,000 car parts. The sedan got a raving review for its styling, and what the review calls "adroit road manners."
"This is honestly a great car to drive any distance," states the reviewer, who notes buyers will pay extra for automatic climate control and heated seats features. Camry is the best selling sedan in the America market.
In other show news:
- The Alfa Romeo returns to the American event for the first time in 20 years.
- Performance is key for the expected 4.5 million who are likely to buy a new car this year.
- The all-new Mustang marks the 50th anniversary of its debut at the 1964 New York World's Fair.
- The car show is happening at the Jacob Javits Convention Center.