AT&T has announced that it has become the first U.S. carrier to offer the Microsoft Surface 3 4G LTE. The tablet will go on sale July 24 online and in AT&T retail stores.
Microsoft continues to move forward with its own tablet ambitions with its Surface tablets. Rather than offering consumers a watered down version of the Surface Pro 3 with a mobile version of its Windows 8.1 desktop OS, the company introduced a smaller and less expensive Surface 3 that runs the full version of Windows 8.1 and all of its apps that is fully upgradable to Windows 10 when Microsoft releases the OS in the coming weeks.
If you've been holding out on picking up a Surface 3 due to its lack of 4G LTE connectivity, you'll be happy to know that AT&T has announced it has become the first U.S. carrier to offer the 4G LTE-equipped tablet to its customers.
AT&T created a video that showcases the slate and has highlighted some of the Surface 3 4G LTE's top features:
- Microsoft Office: Feel right at home or work with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage with a one-year Office 365 Personal subscription.
- Processor: The Surface 3's new quad-core Intel Atom x7 processor helps you move between apps quickly and easily.
- Storage: You've got plenty of room for your favorite songs, pictures, and movies with 64 GB of storage and microSD card support up to 128 GB.
- Battery: Catch up on your favorite TV show or finish up a last-minute report with a 7485 mAh battery that can give you up to eight and half hours of use without charging.
- Surface Pen: Experience instant note taking that is as natural as writing on paper with the Surface Pen (sold separately).
The Microsoft Surface 3 features a gorgeous 10.8-inch ClearType 1920 by 1080 Full HD Plus display with Surface Pen Support. It's powered by a quad-core Intel Atom processor, includes an 8 megapixel rear camera and 3.5 megapixel front-facing shooter. It has onboard stereo speakers with Dolby Audio, 64 GB of internal storage, microSD expansion slot that supports up to 128 GB microSD cards, a USB 3.0 port and large battery that will provide up to 10 hours of video.
AT&T is offering the Microsoft Surface 3 4G LTE for $500 when signing a new two-year contract, $0 down using AT&T's tablet installment plan of $30 per month for 20 months and $400 when purchasing a Lumia smartphone using AT&T's Next Plan.
Check out the video below to see the AT&T Microsoft Surface 3 4G LTE in action.