Mercedes-Benz has bestowed the 2017 models of CLA a minor mid-life makeover, packing in a 375-horsepower engine, high-performance headlights, smartphone integration and more.
Way back 2013, Mercedes-Benz initially rolled out its CLA compact sedan in the United States.
While the four-door CLA is the German automaker’s first compact car in the United States market, it was well-received by consumers. In fact, the automaker managed to sell nearly 30,000 of the sedans in 2015.
Now, the 2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA models are treated with a few minor, yet gorgeous tweaks on both its exterior and interior. The automaker has revealed the facelifted versions of the CLA ahead of their official introduction.
Here’s what to expect from the revamped versions of the CLA.
1. New Front Bumper – the CLA250 4Matic receives a new front bumper, adding more elegance to the exterior design of the car.
2. Optional AMG Aerodynamic Package – this package, designed for the CLA45 AMG version, can give the model a more aggressive look, giving it a longer front splitter, black lip spoiler plus more canards.
3. New Infotainment System Design – the 8-inch infotainment system for the AMG model now rocks a slimmer screen. This also comes with a new-style glass cover along with an ambient lighting system.
4. Active Brake Assist – this functionality enables the vehicle to stop automatically in a possible collision.
5. Full LED Headlights – this new feature is standard on the AMG variant, but optional on the CLA250.
6. Hands-Free Access – this nifty feature enables owners to open the trunk of the car by sweeping their foot under the bumper. This feature is part of the Premium Package.
7. Enhanced Smartphone Integration System – this enables the integration and voice-operated control of Android smartphones and iPhones via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
CLA250 4Matic – This is fitted with a 208 horsepower, 258 pound-feet of torque plus a 2.0 liter turbocharged four cylinder.
CLA45 AMG – this is packed with a 375 horsepower, a 350 pound-feet of torque along with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four cylinder.
Both of these CLAs come with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. Do note that the changes also impact the CLA Shooting Brake.
The refreshed versions of the 2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA will be showcased at the New York Auto Show on March 23. Consumers, though, will have to wait until the third quarter of 2016 for them to get their hands on these vehicles. In any case, there is a big chance the updated CLA will take the market by storm.
Watch the video below.