Dr. Anthony Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser for COVID-19, stated that Americans will still wear face masks when stepping outside their homes until 2023, even as he predicted the country would return in a state of normality by September.

The US Will Still Wear Mask Until 2023, Says Fauci

The New York Times reports Fauci stating that he wants to keep the baseline of COVID-19 cases until there is no threat, referring to the number of cases nationally that would make him comfortable enough to stop recommending universal masking.

The chief medical supervisor added that if someone could combine getting most of the country vaccinated with getting the virus in the community very low, then it will be the time people will no longer wear masks when going outside.

Read Also: Rhode Island Announces to Vaccinate Residents Age 65 and Older as State Struggles With COVID-19 Cases

Meanwhile, Fox News had an interview with Fauci commenting about the decline of COVID-19 cases by 69% and asking him whether the United States is safer than before or if there will be another wave of the virus. With that question, Fauci answered that people still need to keep their guard up since the new U.K. variant (the 117) is still out there and has a greater degree of contact from person to person.

Fauci pointed out that the sharp downward trajectory of COVID-19 cases is very good, but that does not mean the people are safe and the virus is still in the baseline on daily infections that are troublesome in the country.

On a lighter note, Dr. Fauci stated that the U.S. would have enough supply of COVID-19 vaccines by the end of July this year. "We will have the 600 million doses that we contracted for from two companies," says the chief medical adviser.

Fauci added that the government would most likely start vaccinating people outside of the priority groups and essentially represent anyone and everyone.

Nearly 500,000 Deaths From Covid-19

The running total of live loss from the COVID-19 was about 490,000 in the U.S. alone. The figure was piled by Johns Hopkins University that surpasses the number of people who died in the 2019 chronic lower respiratory disease, stroke, Alzheimer's, flu, and pneumonia combined.

ABC News reports that the COVID-19 death toll reached 400,000 on Jan. 19 in the waning hours in the office of the former president, Donald Trump. When the first victims of the virus hit Santa Clara, California, in early February, it took four months for the death toll to reach 100,000.

The toll hit 200,000 in September and 300,000 in December 2020, until it reaches 400,000 in January 2021.

The Strait Times reports that President Joe Biden said last week that he would deliver vaccines into people's arms as complicated as the already intense challenges in manufacturing it in bulk quantities at speed. His goal is to administer a million shots per day for a total of 100 million in the first 100 days of his presidency.

Related Article: COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Being Hoarded, Count Health Officials Warns About Consequences

ⓒ 2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.