Full Android or iPhone storage could be one of the most annoying things to you, especially if you are not managing your videos, photos, and other important files properly.
Most people owning handsets with lots of memory storage are usually the ones who are experiencing this issue. But, you can't blame them since some of them are just too busy to choose the files they want to retain in their smartphones.
On the other hand, some individuals are using backup smartphones as their own solution to the insufficient storage issue. If you don't have a backup handset, that still doesn't mean that your last resort is buying a cheap one to act as additional storage.
Tech experts provided some tricks that you can follow to free more space in your smartphone. To help you further, here are some of the methods you can try. Before you get started, you still need to remember that these techniques are not 100% accurate when it comes to providing sufficient storage. Although this is the case, they are still worth the try.
Full Android, iPhone Storage Solutions
- The first thing you need to do is offload some of the apps you are not really using. However, this is different from deleting your applications. When you do this, all your data within the app will still be retained.
- First, you need to access your iPhone's Storage option, which is located in the Settings menu.
- After that, you must access the General option and then click the app you want to offload.
Aside from offloading your iPhone apps, you can also rely on clearing the cache of your Safari, as well as removing some non-essential text messages.
- Settings > Safari > Close Tabs
- Settings > Messages > "Stop Saving Text Messages" Option > Delete Older Messages
On the other hand, clearing some storage on an Android smartphone is also pretty easy to do. All you have to do is follow these steps:
Clearing browser cache
- Open the Chrome app on your Android Phone.
- Select the three dots at the top right of your device.
- Click History and then select Clear browsing data.
- Then choose All Time to clear all the data.
- Select Clear data.
- That's it. The data in your Chrome browser will be cleared.
Clearing app cache
- Geeky Gadgets explained that the first thing you need to do is access your Android smartphone's Settings.
- After that, click the Storage option from the menu.
- Then, you need to choose the "Other App" option and scroll down to the app you want to clear.
- Tap the "Clear Cache" option. This will allow you to free up more space.
For more news updates about Android and iPhone guides, always keep your tabs open here at TechTimes.
This article is owned by TechTimes
Written by: Griffin Davis