Twitter's Advanced Search option is not just used to check the latest tweet of your friend or other users you are spying on. It also allows you to check if the posted screenshots of celebrities' tweets are legitimate.
If you have no idea how to use Twitter's Advanced Search feature, then this guide is the right one for you. As of the moment, most of the social media platform's users are relying on the app's default search function.
They prefer using this since it provides great outputs when you are searching for a certain topic or finding an account. However, some Twitter posts can't be searched using this option.
This is where the app's Advanced Search option comes in. This feature of Twitter allows you to check tweets that contain specific words, which were sent during specific dates. On the other hand, it also allows you to see the specific user who posted it.
Because of this, many critics are using it to check if the random tweets containing screenshots of celebrity posts are hoaxes. Thanks to Twitter's Advanced Search option, you can check the screenshot's date and actual statement. After that, all you need to do is input this information to see if the celebrity you are following posted it or not.
How To Use Twitter's Advanced Search Option
- Go to the Twitter website and use the search bar in the top-right corner to search for anything.
- A pop-up will appear with a variety of text boxes. Scroll down to the Accounts option, and in the From These Accounts field, type in the username of the person whose tweets you want to search.
- Once you are there, you need to enter their exact user address, starting with an "@."
- Scroll back up to the Words option and specify what keywords or phrases you want to search that user's tweets for. You can also use the None of these words field to exclude tweets that have those words.
- If you'd like, scroll down to the Filters, Engagements, and Dates sections to make your search even more precise.
- Once you are satisfied with your setup, you can now click the "Search" button.
Twitter To Support Google Accounts
Twitter's Advanced Search option is one of the oldest features of the giant social media app. Now, Twitter is releasing several new enhancements to make the user experience better.
Once it arrives, Twitter fans will find it easier when logging in or creating new Twitter accounts.
For more news updates about Twitter and other giant social media platforms, always keep your tabs open here at TechTimes.
Related Article: Twitter Is Reworking their Layout Again According to Rumors
This article is owned by TechTimes
Written by: Griffin Davis