Free PlayStation Plus Games For August 2017 Unveiled: 'Just Cause 3,' 'Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry,' And More
Sony has just announced next month's free games lineup for PlayStation Plus members. As usual, players can download six free games starting next week, with the titles split evenly across the PS4, PS3, and the Vita.
Read on to find out the free games you can download next month, provided you're a PlayStation Plus member, of course.
PlayStation Plus Free Games For August 2017
• Just Cause 3: PS4 players will get Just Cause 3, an open-world action-adventure title from Avalanche Studios and Square Enix, released in late 2015. Just Cause 3 opened to generally positive reviews, though critics took issue with its story and some performance issues on the console versions.
• Downwell: Those averse to open-world titles and would much rather play platformers instead should turn to Downwell, a stylish vertical scroller from Moppin and Developer Digital. Released in 2016 for the PS4 and Vita, Downwell follows a "curious man" who descends down a well while in a park one day. Sony will offer Downwell next month as a free download for both PS4 and Vita players.
• Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry: In this standalone spinoff from Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, players assume the role of Adéwalé, a slave who rose to become an assassin, set 20 years after the events of Black Flag.
• Snakeball: PS3 players, meanwhile, can download Snakeball, a 3D remake of Snake, released in 2007. Snakeball features funky stages, with levels taking place on flashy-disco inspired motifs.
• Super Motherload: Another PS3 title, Super Motherload joins next month's free games lineup. Released in 2013, the science-fiction title features four-player couch co-op, which takes players digging to collect minerals.
• Level 22: A stealth game set in the workplace, Level 22 features Gary, an office worker who sleeps in after a drunken night. The goal? To sneak in the 22nd floor and not get caught coming to work late.
These games will go up for free beginning next Tuesday, Aug. 1. Make sure to take advantage of July's free games lineup while you still can.
Also, for the next six weeks, PlayStation Plus members in the United States can rent select films for just 99 cents each. Those looking for a weekend flick can rent The Lego Batman Movie, the current title. Logan, Power Rangers, Kong: Skull Island, and more will follow.
A PlayStation Plus membership costs $59.99, covering a year's worth of subscription. It features added multiplayer options, free games per month, online game saves, and much more.