Microsoft entered the holiday mood and it just revealed its annual 12 Days of Deals promotion, offering a mixed bag of discounts on various items.
December has just started and the holidays are still a few weeks away, but Microsoft likes to announce its big promotions ahead so that prospective shoppers have plenty of time to decide which deal they want to save up for.
Because tech gifts are always popular during the holidays and pretty much any time of the year, Microsoft has prepared an assortment of offers with attractive discounts on tablets, PCs, Xbox and more.
"Whether you prefer to skip the madness of Black Friday and Cyber Monday or just like to take your time buying holiday gifts, our 12 Days of Deals holiday sale has you covered," touts Microsoft. "With great savings on some of the most sought-after gifts of the season, our limited-time offers put everything they want within reach — and within budget."
Microsoft 12 Days Of Deals
First off, it's worth pointing out that many of Microsoft's deals are available both online and in physical retail stores. The deals listed as "in-store doorbuster deal," as the name itself suggests, are available only in stores.
The 12 Days of Deals kick off on Dec. 5 and the offers will refresh each day at midnight PT.
Without further ado, here's what Microsoft has prepared for the holidays:
1. Day 1, Dec. 5 allows shoppers to save up to $1,000 on select Intel PCs with discounted prices starting at $199. The in-store doorbuster deal offers the JBL Flip 2 portable Bluetooth speaker at just $19.99, marking a notable discount of $50.
2. On Day 2, Dec. 6, customers can get a Lenovo Ideapad 110 at $199, which is $100 off the regular price. For the in-store doorbuster deal, Microsoft promises the best price ever on Fitbit Blaze fitness smartwatches.
3. On Day 3, Dec. 7, Microsoft will offer select Xbox One games for 50 percent off, at $19.99. The in-store doorbuster deal will bundle a $50 Microsoft Store gift card when making a one-year Groove Music subscription.
4. On Day 4, Dec. 8, Microsoft will slash $250 off the Surface Pro 4 with an Intel Core m3 and a 128 GB SSD, offering the device at $649 complete with a free sleeve. The in-store doorbuster deal will see a $25 Microsoft Store gift card bundled with the purchase of a one-year Xbox Live Gold subscription.
5. On Day 5, Dec. 9, Microsoft will shave up to 70 percent off select Windows tablets, starting at $49. The in-store doorbuster deal will offer the Lumia 650 smartphone at just $79, $120 off its regular price.
6. On Day 6, Dec. 10, customers can get the Windows Premium Collection starting at $499, marking a $250 discount. The in-store doorbuster deal will offer Office 365 Home at the lowest price of the year.
7. On Day 7, Dec. 11, purchasing select Xbox Wireless Controllers will get you a $25 Microsoft Store gift card or code. The in-store doorbuster deal will offer select Xbox One 500 GB consoles at $179, allowing for savings of $120.
8. On Day 8, Dec. 12, Xbox One consoles will come with two free select games, worth $50. The in-store doorbuster deal will offer a $25 Microsoft Store gift card for the first customers in line.
9. On Day 9, Dec. 13, purchasing a HTC VIVE or Oculus Rift headset will bundle a $100 Microsoft Store gift card or code. The in-store doorbuster deal will offer the Fitbit Charge HR at the lowest price of the year.
10. On Day 10, Dec. 14, select gaming PCs with Intel inside will be up to $1,000 off, starting at $799. The in-store doorbuster deal will drop the price of Halo 5, Quantum Break and Forza Motorsport to $19.99.
11. Day 11, Dec. 15, will drop up to 40 percent off select Dell PCs, starting at $199. The in-store doorbuster deal will offer the Acer Liquid Jade Primo at $299, marking a discount of $150.
12. Lastly, on Day 12, Dec. 16, Microsoft will offer a free type cover with any Surface Pro 4 purchase, allowing for savings of up to $159.99. The in-store doorbuster deal will offer a $50 Microsoft Store gift card to the first customers in line.
In other words, not all deals are all that exciting, but some days do offer some attractive offers. If you're still shopping for holiday gifts for yourself or a loved one, it's worth checking out what Microsoft has to offer.