Rumors and expectations on Animal Crossing New Horizons update have been circling as people stay mostly inside their house. The company has announced on Tuesday, Apr. 21, several upcoming new features on the game: a new gardening shop, art collection, and a wedding season.
Animal Crossing Rumors Turn Out To Be True
Apparently, rumors are correct because art collecting is indeed coming. Art collecting in previous games is linked up to the museum. Jolly Redd will start selling art in New Horizons, although the artwork is sometimes a fake. However, you can add it to a new museum gallery if it is real.
Also, a new gardening shop will be available, while the upcoming seasonal events are intriguing. Nature Day kicks off this week through May 4 with additional challenges for Nook Miles. It is the Animal Crossing's version of Earth Day. There will also be a bonus island visit from May 1-7 for May Day with a familiar-looking "special visitor." Also, an International Museum Day with some stamp-collecting challenges will be held in late May.
Finally, a Wedding Season is listed in June. Although it may seem weird, players will help take photos and celebrate the wedding anniversary at Harvey's photo-studio island.
These features will surely entertain people while they endure stay-home-policies. Check out the following to see their full descriptions from Nintendo:
- Jolly Redd's Treasure Trawler: Jolly Redd will sometimes show up in his boat to sell in-game art and furniture with unique colors. Similar to previous Animal Crossing games, players will figure out will choose art pieces that are real from fake ones. Players can then donate the genuine art they bought to the island museum to open an art gallery, which will display all donated pieces, including paintings and sculptures.
- Leif's Garden Shop: Nature-loving Leif will regularly visit players' islands to sell his flourishing collection of foliage, including shrubs and flower seeds. These ornamentals will help make any island paradise a little greener.
- Nature Day (Apr. 23-May 4): During the Nature Day (which will start tomorrow), there will be special Nook Miles challenges that focus on nature-inspired goals like planting trees and watering flowers.
- May Day Tour (May 1-7): To kick-off the month of May, players can use a one-time May Day Ticket at the island airport to head out on a limited-time tour to an island, which looks unique for a usual mystery island tours. A special visitor who looks familiar may also visit there.
- International Museum Day (May 18-31): Players can join the Stamp Rally to celebrate the International Museum Day. Players need a special stamp card, so they can enjoy viewing fish, insects, and fossils while collecting stamps at the various museum exhibits to earn a reward.
- Wedding Season (June 1-30): June will be a wedding-themed month. Here, players can visit Harvey's island to meet the married couple Reese and Cyrus, and help them arrange their anniversary celebration. Players can take anniversary photos with them in the wedding-picture studio, and they get wedding-themed items as tokens of their gratitude.