The iPhone 13 is here, and some users who are still sporting an old iPhone or Android device will need to transfer their data to the newer Apple flagship phone.
However, transfering data might be overwhelming to some users as there are numerous options to do so from an old device to the iPhone 13. What's more, some ways are even more complex than others.
So, this article is here to help you seamlessly transfer your previous files to your newly purchased iPhone 13 without the inconvenience.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone 13 from an Old iPhone
Let us go through the iPhone to iPhone method first. More on the Android to iOS migration later on.
As per MacRumors, the best method to transfer data to your latest iPhone is to use the device-to-device migration option. Not only is it the most convenient choice, it only takes a few steps as well.
On top of the seamless process, the device-to-device method also ensures that you are not losing any data--even as little as the settings and preferences. Not just that, it also successfully migrates information, such as login credentials, photos, and even app data--to name a few.
Now, here's how to start the migration process from an old iPhone to an iPhone 13 series device.
- Plug both the old iPhone and the iPhone 13 and turn them on.
- Make sure that the two smartphones are near each other. It is to note as well that the previous-gen device should at least be running iOS 12.4.
- After doing so, the QuickStart interface will pop up on your older device.
- Select the option to use your Apple ID to set up the iPhone 13, and tap Continue.
- Use the camera of your older iPhone to capture the animation on the newer device until it shows an option that says "Finish on New iPhone."
- Then, enter your iPhone 13 password.
- Tap the Transfer button from the older device to start the migration.
- Make sure that the two iPhones remain plugged in and near each other and wait for the process to conclude.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone 13 from Android Device
If you're an Android user who recently purchased the iPhone 13, here's how to migrate your data to your new device.
- Download Move to iOS from Google Play on your Android smartphone, according to the Apple Support page.
- On your new phone, select Move Data from Android while you are setting it up.
- Back to your Android, open the Move to iOS app.
- Wait for the six-digit or ten-digit code on your iPhone 13.
- Then, enter it on your Android device.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network created by your new iPhone.
- Select the content that you wish to migrate.
- Wait for the process to end.
- Click Done on your Android and Continue on your iPhone 13.
This article is owned by Tech Times
Written by Teejay Boris