Final Fantasy 15 is finally bound for a 2016 release date after being in development for the past 10 years. We understand that Square Enix is planning to do something it has never done with a Final Fantasy game before.

What's that exactly? A massive global release. If we look back, each Final Fantasy game was released first in Japan then a while after in other parts of the world. This is usually because of the time it takes to have the English voice-over and other languages ready.

It seems everything will be ready in time for the release date next year, and that can only benefit the game.

"Up until now in previous Final Fantasies, we've never attempted a complete global worldwide release with them," Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata told IGN. "It's always been the export model, where it comes out in Japan first and is then exported to other territories. We're not doing that this time; we want to go full global release."

This should now be the norm going forward for Square Enix, as Tabata admitted that the publisher did not have the correct internal structure to release a game globally, but now, that is no longer the case.

He also stated that the game is 65 percent complete and as such we are left wondering if the publisher will complete the remaining 35 percent in time for the release date. Tabata claims they are confident, but we've heard this before.

Also, with the vast amount of titles coming out for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016, we have to wonder if Final Fantasy 15 will have the chops to compete with them all.

The brand, Final Fantasy, is not as powerful as it once was due to the garbage dumped by the Final Fantasy 13 set of games. Square Enix tried something different and failed badly, and the dirty taste is still in our mouth to this very day.

Be sure to follow T-Lounge on Twitter and visit our Facebook page.

ⓒ 2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.