DC Comics is holding a unique promotion for the upcoming Dark Knight III: The Master Race. The miniseries is, of course, the third and final act in Frank Miller's story that began with The Dark Knight Returns and continued with The Dark Knight Strikes Again.
Dark Knight III: The Master Race is being written by Miller and Brian Azzarello, with art mainly by Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson. Nothing is yet known about its storyline.
For this project, DC has put together a program for comics retailers who wish to participate, each of which will get their own variant cover with their logo on it. Over 30 retailers have signed up for the program, and DC released the full list of them today (the full list is at the end of this article).
Among the luminaries who are contributing their artistic talents for the retailer program are Jae Lee, John Cassaday, J. Scott Campbell, John Romita Jr., Tim Sale, Marc Silvestri, Lee Bermejo, Gabriele Dell'Otto and many more. DC also unveiled five of these retailer-specific covers, which you can view below.
Here's DC's full list of retailers and their corresponding artists who are participating in the program.
|• BuyMeToys.com - Gary Frank|
• Newbury Comics - Michael Allred
• Comic Book Legal Defense Fund - Paul Pope
• Books-A-Million - Rafael Albuquerque
• Silver Snail - Francis Manapul
• Hypno Comics - Bill Sienkiewicz
• Borderlands Comics and Games - Klaus Janson
• Graham Crackers Comics - Darwyn Cooke
• Yesteryear Comics - Jason Fabok
• Third Eye Comics - Brian Bolland
• M&M Comics Service - Dave Dorman
• Legacy Comics and Cards - Artgerm
• Dynamic Forces - Jae Lee
• Midtown Comics - Greg Capullo
• Midtown Comics - Marc Silvestri
• Rebel Base Comics & Toys - Sean Murphy
• Lone Star Comics - John Cassaday
• Dragon's Lair - Ivan Reis
• Tate's Comics + Toys + More - Kevin Eastman
• Cards, Comics & Collectibles - Amanda Conner
• Diamond UK - Jock
• Forbidden Planet Limited - Adam Hughes
• AOD Collectibles - Dale Keown
• JScottCampbell.com - J. Scott Campbell
• Heroes and Fantasties - Tim Sale
• Yancy St. Comics - Kelley Jones
• Zapp! Comics - Terry Dodson
• Madness Games & Comics - Joshua Middleton
• Salefish Comics - John Romita, Jr.
• Lange's Sports - David Finch
• Disposable Heroes Comics - Simon Bisley
• Phantom - Walter Simonson
• Hastings - Tyler Kirkham
• Beyond Comics - Eduardo Risso
• Instock Trades - Lee Bermejo
• Discount Comic Book Service - Neal Adams
• Bulletproof Comics - Gabriele Dell'Otto
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #1 debuts Nov. 25, 2015.