On Tuesday, Nov. 29, Facebook announced the new feature, which is expected to increase the fun while using Messenger or News Feed. The latest feature will allow users to play games without installing any game app.
List Of 17 Facebook Instant Games
- Pac-Man — a classic arcade game from Bandai Namco.
- Galaga — a classic arcade space shooter game.
- Arkanoid — a brick-breaking game.
- Space Invaders — another space-shooter game.
- Track & Field 100M — a 100-meter running game from Konami.
- Shuffle Cats Mini — a card game.
- Words With Friends: Frenzy — a rapid fire Scrabble game.
- Hex — a puzzle video game.
- EverWing — a space-shooter game.
- Endless Lake — an endless runner game.
- Templar 2048 — a matching puzzle game.
- The Tribez: Puzzle Rush — a Candy Crush-style game with a dinosaur theme.
- 2020 Connect — a logic puzzle game.
- Puzzle Bobble — a classic puzzle arcade game.
- Zookeeper — a matching puzzle game.
- Brick Pop — a puzzle game.
- Wordalot Express — a new type of crossword game.
Fun With Friends
Users can play the game on Messenger and challenge friends.
"After you finish a round, people in the conversation will see your score and will have the opportunity to challenge you back," says Facebook.
Game Developers' Opportunity
Currently, there are only 17 Instant Games but the announcement has opened an opportunity for game developers to bring more games to Facebook Messenger and News Feed.
"We are excited to work with Facebook to feature two of our classic IP's, PAC-MAN and Galaga on the new Instant Games platform. To give the opportunity for our global fans to access these classic titles on mobile and web, we are working with Facebook to allow users to play Instant Games on Messenger and Facebook News Feed, both of which have significant reach around the world," said BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Countries Where Facebook Instant Games are Available
Facebook Instant Games will be initially available only in select countries including: Italy, Spain, Lithuania, Israel, Cyprus, Puerto Rico, Slovenia, Taiwan, Estonia, Russian Federation, Hong Kong, Finland, Singapore, France, New Zealand, Belgium, Ireland, Germany, Latvia, Austria, Australia, Netherlands, the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark and Norway.
Facebook users in other parts of the world may have to wait until Facebook officially announces Instant Games in other countries.
Check out a short video on Facebook Instant Games.