It's rare for Apple to make upgrading to its latest flagships much easier on the pockets, but that's exactly what just happened. The Cupertino brand has surprisingly boosted its trade-in credit for people who wish to drop their old iPhones off and get a new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR.
Apple has, of course, been promoting its device trade-in program quite a bit this year after officially rebranding it as "GiveBack" this past April, and what better way to make it more prominent than with hefty trade-in credit increases?
Apple Boosts Trade-In Program For Those Who Want The Latest iPhones
Per its updated trade-in website, Apple is now giving customers up to an extra $100 toward its latest smartphones. Yes, that's on top of what people would normally get if they trade in their old iPhones. Of course, the resulting amount probably still won't hold a candle to what customers would get by selling their current devices elsewhere instead, but Apple's trade-in offers are all about convenience. For instance, customers get instant credit even with online purchases.
There are some caveats to keep in mind first, however. The promotion is only available for people who intend to update to the 2018 iPhone lineup, which includes the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR. Moreover, the trade-in credit a customer will receive depends on what device they're going to drop off. The newer it is, the more credit, obviously.
Apple GiveBack Trade-In Credit Breakdown
• Those dropping off an iPhone 6 will get $150, which is up from the usual $75.
• Those dropping off an iPhone 6 Plus will get $200, which is up from the usual $100.
• Those dropping off an iPhone 6S will also get $200, which is up from the usual $100.
• Those dropping off an iPhone 6S Plus will get $250, which is up from the usual $150.
• Those dropping off an iPhone 7 will also get $250, which is up from the usual $175.
• Those dropping off an iPhone 7 Plus will get $300, which is up from the usual $250.
• Those dropping off an iPhone 8 will also get $300, which is up from the usual $250.
Those who have an iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, or basically anything newer, are unaffected by this promotion. That means they'll have to purchase Apple's latest flagships at full price. Whether customers can drop off two or more iPhones and avail their collective trade-in value remains to be determined, but make sure to check back with Tech Times as we learn more.