MENU

Tag: Necrotizing Fasciitis

Alabama Man Ricky Rutherford Contracts Flesh-Eating Bacteria During Kayaking Trip On Tennessee River

Doctors initially thought that Ricky Rutherford’s fever and leg pain were symptoms of cellulitis, but eventually found out he was infected with a deadly flesh-eating bacteria. Why is necrotizing nasciitis often misdiagnosed?

Public Health July 16, 2019

Florida Man Mike Walton, Who Was Pricked By Fish Hook, Nearly Loses Hand To Flesh-Eating Bacteria

Mike Walton contracted necrotizing fasciitis, also known as flesh-eating disease, through a small prick from a fish hook. The infection spread quickly, and doctors considered to amputate his arm.

Public Health April 25, 2019

Flesh-Eating Infection Left Texas Prison Inmate Disfigured After He Was Denied Immediate Treatment In Jail, Lawsuit Claims

Inmate Harold Millican contracted a flesh-eating infection while in a Texas jail. He spent a week in the prison infirmary with a rotting wound because no one was available to transport him to the hospital.

Feature | Health December 18, 2018

Man Bitten By Shark Develops Flesh-Eating Bacteria

A man suffered from unbearable pains due to flesh-eating bacteria just a week after being treated for a shark bite. He now warns people to take caution when it comes to swimming in potentially bacteria-infected waters.

Public Health August 24, 2018

Indianapolis Woman Dies From Misdiagnosed Necrotizing Fasciitis: What Are The Symptoms Of Flesh-Eating Disease?

Carol Martin may have been saved if her condition was diagnosed correctly. Symptoms of the flesh-eating disease can be confusing because they appear to be like any other illness or injury. When should you see a doctor?

Public Health May 13, 2018

Woman Dies After Contracting Flesh-Eating Bacteria During Vacation: How To Protect Yourself From Necrotizing Fasciitis

Carol Martin may have contracted flesh-eating bacteria from a hot tub during her vacation. Experts advise ways to avoid contracting necrotizing fasciitis particularly when using hot tubs and swimming pools.

Public Health May 12, 2018

Boy Dies From Flesh-Eating Bacteria After Bike Accident: How To Avoid Necrotizing Fasciitis Infection

An 8-year old boy died after bacteria entered his body through a wound. Wounds and blisters can put anyone at risk of contracting necrotizing fasciitis, or flesh-eating disease and here are some precautions to avoid infection.

Public Health January 28, 2018

8-Year-Old Boy Dies From Flesh-Eating Bacteria After Falling Off A Bike

There’s another death from the scary flesh-eating disease. An 8-year-old Oregon boy contracted necrotizing fasciitis and was declared dead within days after crashing his bike.

Public Health January 27, 2018

Carpenter Who Repaired Homes After Hurricane Harvey Dies Of Flesh-Eating Bacteria

Josue Zurita, a 31-year-old man, has succumbed to the deadly necrotizing fasciitis. He had contracted the flesh-eating bacterial infection while repairing homes damaged by floodwater post-hurricane Harvey.

Public Health October 26, 2017

4-Year-Old Boy Contracted Flesh-Eating Disease After He Bumped His Head

Four-year-old Rhys Pritchard sustained a small cut above his eye after bumping his head. The problem went worse when he started to show symptoms of necrotising fasciitis, more commonly known as flesh-eating disease.

Public Health July 24, 2017

Mom From Atlanta Fighting For Life Against Flesh-Eating Bacteria

The life of a mom in Atlanta is currently in danger after she contracted flesh-eating bacteria from an unknown source. The doctors are now looking at amputating her limbs.

Life June 16, 2015

Real Time Analytics