Several lawsuits were filed against Conagra, maker of Pam and other cooking spray brands, following injuries sustained by individuals as faulty cans exploded or caught fire. Conagra claimed their product is 100 percent safe if used properly.
Public Health May 10, 2019
The viral boiling water challenge became popular amid record low temperatures in the United States. Unfortunately, the stunt is sending people to the hospital because of burns. Some suffered from face scald injuries.
Public Health February 9, 2019
After the giant hogweed, there is another invasive plant that people might have to watch out for to avoid serious burns. A Vermont woman shares her experience with wild parsnip to warn the public of its potential dangers.
Public Health July 19, 2018
A 9-year-old child suffered from chemical burns after the batteries of his Skechers brand "Sketch Rayz" sneakers spewed corrosive when the shoes got wet. The incident gave the boy phobia of wearing shoes.
Public Health July 6, 2018
Giant hogweed has been spotted in one county in Virginia, and authorities are on the look out for others. Exposure to the sap of the giant hogweed can cause severe burns and blindness.
Public Health June 15, 2018
The California wildfire affected both human and animal inhabitants of the affected area. Veterinarians at UC Davis treated the wild animal burn victims using Tilapia skin and other unconventional methods.
Medicine January 26, 2018
Two children who ordered apple juice at a Chinese restaurant serving all-you-can-eat buffet suffered from burn-type injuries. A test revealed the presence of a toxic ingredient in the juice.
Public Health March 7, 2017
An 8-year-old boy from New Hampshire suffers a bad burn after imitating a YouTube sanitizer stunt, and his mother has spoken up to warn other parents.
Healthy Living/Wellness January 20, 2017
New incidents of exploding e-cigarettes and/or their lithium batteries left two men with severe burns. Shoddy manufacturing had been identified as a likely culprit behind the risks and dangers of vaping.
Life January 28, 2016
A 35-year old man from Devon suffered serious burns on his leg after his e-cigarette battery exploded inside his pocket. He urges users to be extra careful when handling e-cigarettes.
Life November 28, 2015
The team's star defensive end injured his hand with fireworks on July 4, suffering severe burns on his palm and three fingers. The Giants have reportedly pulled a long-term, $60 million deal for Pierre-Paul upon learning of the incident.
Movies/TV Shows July 6, 2015